+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University (MSc /MASc) - Winter 2021

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi there,
If you applied for the above, have you received your admission decision? Especially for MSc Computer Science.
If you have, can you please share when you applied and when you got the decision?

Thanks!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi, I applied for M.sc computer science for winter . I did not get LOA till now .Have you got the decision?J
Nope, still waiting. they said to expect response latest by 1st october. All schools are waiting for the last day of course withdrawals (September 28th for most schools) in other to know how many students are deferring to Winter so they can determine how many seats are open for offer to new applicants. MUN received unprecedented amount of applications for the 2020-2021 intake (according to their newsletter).

For those of us that originally applied for Winter intake, I'm afraid there will be lots of refusals or deferrals to Fall 2021 :confused: .

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
Thanks for your reply. When I checked with them, they did not mention any date. Anyways, will wait till this month end. I have one other query. I have sent only IELTS General results because due to pandemic unable to take IELTS Academic. Do u have any idea about how it impact my application?For transcripts, just sent all the related docs from my personal email id.... This is also a concern for me.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for your reply. When I checked with them, they did not mention any date. Anyways, will wait till this month end. I have one other query. I have sent only IELTS General results because due to pandemic unable to take IELTS Academic. Do u have any idea about how it impact my application?For transcripts, just sent all the related docs from my personal email id.... This is also a concern for me.
Yes, the Graduate studies representatives did not give me a date, but I wrote directly to the faculty's secretary and she gave me the 1st oct date.
Your general IELTS will be acceptable, provided you also provided official letters from your old school stating English as your medium of instruction. Or if you come from a country that is ESL-exempt by MUN.

Paste a screenshot of your Application Data from the portal here and we'll see if your english proficiency is still outstanding.

What is your profile?

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
Okay.... My question is

1) For the people who had applied for fall(Sep 2020), neither they would have written IELTS nor they would have submitted transcripts(Ofcourse, it is again a case of probability). In that case, how their applications were processed? Have they been Provided Letter of Acceptance? what is the rejection percentage? I think there is also a travel ban too. So, how classes are being held? With all the above mentioned constraints, how the applications were processed? This is my question.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Okay.... My question is

1) For the people who had applied for fall(Sep 2020), neither they would have written IELTS nor they would have submitted transcripts(Ofcourse, it is again a case of probability). In that case, how their applications were processed? Have they been Provided Letter of Acceptance? what is the rejection percentage? I think there is also a travel ban too. So, how classes are being held? With all the above mentioned constraints, how the applications were processed? This is my question.
Hi there, I am an MBA student. I applied for a study permit in May, not yet received AIP or anything... Still waiting, the school just extends the deadline to 28 Oct 2020. I am studying the Fall sem right now, the teaching method depends on the course actually.

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
Thank you for replying.U have mentioned that are studying the fall semester. Does it mean you are attending the course online?

yes, i agree with you that teaching method entirely depends on the course...

what is AIP ?? I have heard of AIPP.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Thank you for replying.U have mentioned that are studying the fall semester. Does it mean you are attending the course online?

yes, i agree with you that teaching method entirely depends on the course...

what is AIP ?? I have heard of AIPP.
AIP is approve in principle, the 1st stage of approving the SP in this virus time. AIPP is the immigration program.

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
How many semesters are there for a full time student applying for MSc Computer Science starting Fall 2021 as course/work not research/thesis?
I saw they have 3 semesters per year how long it will take? 6 semester or 4 semesters? If it starts in sep 2021 when it would be completed? Also what would be the total fee for international student?