Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I have a question regarding Residency obligation. I am a permanent resident working full-time for a Canadian company. I am planning to live in the US for about a year. My question is, will this time spent outside Canada be considered towards days spent for RO, if i continue working my current job remotely?
I did find few articles about this online but the wording kind of confused me so i decided to ask my question here.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
ignore!
trying to this post
Laws tend to change over time, so always check/verify. But from what I can recall, there are basically two conditions:
1. You must be employed by Canadian company before you relocate to another country.
2. Your company must require you to move to another country and work there. You can't do it just because you can, have remote job and etc.
If you decide to go (but company doesn't require you to be abroad), then none of the time abroad will count towards RO

Reactions: rajeshb220591

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Thank you for your response, canuck78. :)
I actually found an answer for this question in some other thread and am trying to delete this post to avoid duplicate threads.