+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medium of instruction (MOI)- Bharathiar University

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hello All,

I am applying for Citizenship and I do not have IELTS for language proof. But I completed by graduation in English.
Would sending my consolidated marksheet and degree completion certificate do?
Has anyone taken a Medium of instruction certificate form Bharathiar University?

thanks!
Ashy

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,

I am applying for Citizenship and I do not have IELTS for language proof. But I completed by graduation in English.
Has anyone taken a Medium of instruction certificate form Bharathiar University?

thanks!
Ashy
Ideally you will need letter from your University.

Reactions: AshyS

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.
Not sure why a letter would be required. If the marksheet has English as a subject, I think should suffice. @AshyS - did you had English as a subject?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5 - A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

You need to prove the whole course was done in English. A letter helps in acknowledging that. I know many people have just given marksheet and certificate and it worked. But with IRCC you never know and the validation is so late in the processing cycle so its better to give documentation upfront.

Reactions: AshyS and deeps1987

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello All,

thanks!
Ashy
Like @forw.jane mentioned either get a letter from Uni mentioning that the course that you graduated in the medium of instruction was in English otherwise you will have to do a language test such IELTS (general)/others to provide this proof

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5 - A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

You need to prove the whole course was done in English. A letter helps in acknowledging that. I know many people have just given marksheet and certificate and it worked. But with IRCC you never know and the validation is so late in the processing cycle so its better to give documentation upfront.
Thank you for sharing it. I had to relook into what I submitted for myself and my spouse. :)
Fortunately its written in my degree indicating medium as English and for my spouse, we submitted the CELPIP result from her PR application.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for sharing it. I had to relook into what I submitted for myself and my spouse. :)
Fortunately I had written in my degree indicating medium as English and for my spouse, we submitted the CELPIP result from her PR application.
"Fortunately I had written in my degree indicating medium as English"
Sorry I did not quite follow your quote above...