+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicine hat college

Zuhab

Nov 17, 2018
My question is...i have done 12th in med stream without maths..can i apply for med hat colg in Alberta am i eligible for it ??? They do not ask for maths ?? I want to apply in kinesiology..???

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
My question is...i have done 12th in med stream without maths..can i apply for med hat colg in Alberta am i eligible for it ??? They do not ask for maths ?? I want to apply in kinesiology..???
The chances of you meeting someone here that has been to this college is very slim. If you know they don't ask for maths then you don't really have an issue then. Also, don't expect people to tell you if you are eligible or not for a particular program in a particular college.

For future reference, you can go to any college's program list and select your program where you can see the program requirements. In your Kinesiology course the requirements are :-

High School
(Alberta high school courses or equivalents with a minimum 60% average in the required courses.)

• ELA 30-1
  • Biology 30
  • Chemistry 30
  • Math 30-1
  • One Grade 12 5-credit subject (excluding Special Projects)
Note: Students should be aware that some universities require Physics 30.

Mature Student
The following are minimum admission requirements. Please see an advisor for additional course-specific pre-requisites.

• ELA 30-1
  • Biology 30
  • Chemistry 30
  • Math 30-1

Here is an equivalency chart from another college.

http://rdc.ab.ca/programs/academic-calendar/admissions/out-province-equivalencies-chart

Since Math 30-1 is seen as grade 12 and you have not done maths in 12th you will not be eligible for this program. I would also suggest that for the type of program you are trying to take to see universities rather than college.

You can apply this methodology to all colleges you search.

Zuhab

Nov 17, 2018
The chances of you meeting someone here that has been to this college is very slim. If you know they don't ask for maths then you don't really have an issue then. Also, don't expect people to tell you if you are eligible or not for a particular program in a particular college.

For future reference, you can go to any college's program list and select your program where you can see the program requirements. In your Kinesiology course the requirements are :-

High School
(Alberta high school courses or equivalents with a minimum 60% average in the required courses.)

• ELA 30-1
  • Biology 30
  • Chemistry 30
  • Math 30-1
  • One Grade 12 5-credit subject (excluding Special Projects)

Mature Student
The following are minimum admission requirements. Please see an advisor for additional course-specific pre-requisites.

• ELA 30-1
  • Biology 30
  • Chemistry 30
  • Math 30-1

Here is an equivalency chart from another college.

http://rdc.ab.ca/programs/academic-calendar/admissions/out-province-equivalencies-chart

Since Math 30-1 is seen as grade 12 and you have not done maths in 12th you will not be eligible for this program. I would also suggest that for the type of program you are trying to take to see universities rather than college.

You can apply this methodology to all colleges you search.
But this link is for those who are applying from any other province.. i m applying as an international student..pls tell me the requirements i m not understanding them

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
But this link is for those who are applying from any other province.. i m applying as an international student..pls tell me the requirements i m not understanding them
you will have to apply against the same requirements, there are no separate requirements for International students. Some colleges which are more popular with International students have that information readily available. You will have to contact the college yourself if you want to know the exact requirements for your case.