+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
Hi

Pls. advise on the following questions:
1) Is there any special instruction before going for medicals like fasting before medical day?

2) What will be the decision if someone's Blood Pressure detected exactly as 140/90 during the medical exam?

3) What are the documents required for medicals?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I did it, I had no special instructions but it was a long time ago. My blood pressure was too high. Dr. told me that 140/90 was the maximum allowed, if it was higher, he wanted me to see a cardiologist to prove that I did not have a heart problem.

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks Leon for the prompt reply.

I asked first question because normally blood sugar is tested with Fasting as well as 2 hrs. of taking meal. I am curious to know how DMP will detect if the applicant is diabtic as normally random sugar test is not reliable for this purpose?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my old country, doctors don't do blood tests, they fill out paperwork and send you to a lab. Same in Canada actually. The doctor will tell you if you have to fast before the blood test when he gives you the paperwork. I really can't remember if I had to fast before the tests or not.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
i agree, there's no need to fast before the medical. we just had our medical last week and there was no special instruction.