+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals under review for months.

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Friend, look at when my post was published )) We are citizens already ))
I am aware of the date i thought these past posts here are meant to give ideas to the future/current applicants and most members are well mannered enough to give such, but obviously 1st world country cant buy u that. Congrats on ur citizenship, and anyway, look at the date of my posts too my parents and sister are landed immigrants now.

Reactions: mcaranay

Sunitha1987

Sep 3, 2018
Hi my husband has applied work permit visa and myself and kid who is 2 years have also applied with him.

Applied visa on may7th,2018
Medical test request on may16th
Completed test and panel physician submitted on may 21st

Myself and my kids medical test was passed after 2 days but my husband medical test was under review

On June 25th , 2018
They requested for repeat x-ray after Aug 18th,2018
Completed x-ray again on Aug 20th,2018
Reports where submitted on Aug 22nd

Still the medical test is under review

Has anyone had similar situation or how long usually does it take after additional test to get back to us

We have mailed them but no response yet

Pls someone reply

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi my husband has applied work permit visa and myself and kid who is 2 years have also applied with him.

Applied visa on may7th,2018
Medical test request on may16th
Completed test and panel physician submitted on may 21st

Myself and my kids medical test was passed after 2 days but my husband medical test was under review

On June 25th , 2018
They requested for repeat x-ray after Aug 18th,2018
Completed x-ray again on Aug 20th,2018
Reports where submitted on Aug 22nd

Still the medical test is under review

Has anyone had similar situation or how long usually does it take after additional test to get back to us

We have mailed them but no response yet

Pls someone reply
If they did not require sputum tests, it should not take too long. No news is good news for now, the status should change to medical passed soon

Reactions: Sunitha1987

Sunitha1987

Sep 3, 2018
If they did not require sputum tests, it should not take too long. No news is good news for now, the status should change to medical passed soon

Hi thanks for the reply

They asked for the sputum and X-ray
But my husband had tb during 2016 June and had medication until 2017 September
And he was unable to take the sputum samples and we informed the panel physician and he advised to get a report from the doctor who treated him on tuberculosis. They gave the report that he is unable to take sputum and he has underwent medication and completely fine.

And panel physician said it should be enough and repeated the X-ray which was absolutely fine and had no difference from the one taken before 3 months.
So keeping fingers crossed.

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi thanks for the reply

They asked for the sputum and X-ray
But my husband had tb during 2016 June and had medication until 2017 September
And he was unable to take the sputum samples and we informed the panel physician and he advised to get a report from the doctor who treated him on tuberculosis. They gave the report that he is unable to take sputum and he has underwent medication and completely fine.

And panel physician said it should be enough and repeated the X-ray which was absolutely fine and had no difference from the one taken before 3 months.
So keeping fingers crossed.
Yes, if he had a complete treatment, and the xray results are stable,everything should be okay, though it is their procedure to subject it for further review that would take 3months the most.

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Yes, if he had a complete treatment, and the xray results are stable,everything should be okay, though it is theirs procedure to subject it for further review that would take 3months yhe most.
Oh i am so sorry,for pr that will take 3mos but dor non-pr i believe it will only take 4weeks to review..