+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals under review for months.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
mydandelions said:
I had a benign mass removed. I gave every document i have pertaining to my surgery to my DMP but even after everything was normal, CIC put my file under review.

I cannot say if it could also happen to you though there's a good chance they will review yours because of your history but i'm really hoping it won't, 'cause the wait is stressful. I guess there is nothing we can do now but wait and see and if they do ask you to take additional tests, just do it right away and give them everything they need and have to know. Most of all, be patient but for now, try to relax.
I also had a surgery for benign non-cancerous tumor in Dec 2013. I just had my medicals. Though the doctor specifically didn't ask any questions about my surgery I disclosed that to him. I have a letter from the Surgeon who operated mentioning about the surgery and that my condition doesn't need any further treatment. I gave this letter and also pathology report of the tumor to the doctor to be sent to CIC.

Just want to know whether your surgery was also in Canada? My surgery was in Toronto and I am in Canada since almost 4 years.

Just wondering whether I did a mistake to disclose my surgery without being asked.
Please share your thoughts.

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
RPRF/Biodata Request Nov. 27, Medical Request Nov. 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 11, 2013 Meds sent Dec. 29, 2013
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
venugopalt said:
I also had a surgery for benign non-cancerous tumor in Dec 2013. I just had my medicals. Though the doctor specifically didn't ask any questions about my surgery I disclosed that to him. I have a letter from the Surgeon who operated mentioning about the surgery and that my condition doesn't need any further treatment. I gave this letter and also pathology report of the tumor to the doctor to be sent to CIC.

Just want to know whether your surgery was also in Canada? My surgery was in Toronto and I am in Canada since almost 4 years.

Just wondering whether I did a mistake to disclose my surgery without being asked.
Please share your thoughts.
No, my surgey was done back home 6 years ago.

Good to know that you gave every supporting medical document you have from the surgery because these could strengthen your justification for passing the immigration medicals. Not declaring any medical condition may lead to further delays or who knows... A possible rejection if they found out you withheld information. Then that would have been your biggest regret. Take my word for it.. you did the right thing. Better wait a little longer than wait on nothing.

Best of luck to you and to all of us you are waiting. Give it 90 dAys from "medicals sent", then email CIC for status update (that was the advice i got from 2 immigration consultants. My MP told me to give them another month).

Bdw, from asking and surfing this forum, average time for medical under review is about 3 months. So stay positive.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
mydandelions said:
No, my surgey was done back home 6 years ago.

Good to know that you gave every supporting medical document you have from the surgery because these could strengthen your justification for passing the immigration medicals. Not declaring any medical condition may lead to further delays or who knows... A possible rejection if they found out you withheld information. Then that would have been your biggest regret. Take my word for it.. you did the right thing. Better wait a little longer than wait on nothing.

Best of luck to you and to all of us you are waiting. Give it 90 dAys from "medicals sent", then email CIC for status update (that was the advice i got from 2 immigration consultants. My MP told me to give them another month).

Bdw, from asking and surfing this forum, average time for medical under review is about 3 months. So stay positive.
Thank you for your support. I agree with your views.

Ninjini

Jul 18, 2013
Is there any body who recieved PPR with medical under review? Mine is back to December 12th but still nothing!

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
Ninjini said:
Is there any body who recieved PPR with medical under review? Mine is back to December 12th but still nothing!
None for me yet.

Is your medical under review as well? Dec. 12th was when you did medicals or sent to CIC? You better find out first from your DMP if they've already sent yours or not.

3 more days and it'll be 2 months under review for me. I also just passed the 13th average processing time yesterday. Don't know how much longer for PPR but i'm hoping it'll come next month.

Ninjini

Jul 18, 2013
The medical was sent in December 12th. My ecase changed to medical received since last Friday but no other news. I had a surgery two years ago in Canada. Is there any idea about medical received? Dose it mean I passed the medical??
Thanks.

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
DirectEnergy said:
I think it's impossible to receive PPr unless all your family passed their medicals successfully.
Second that.

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
Ninjini said:
The medical was sent in December 12th. My ecase changed to medical received since last Friday but no other news. I had a surgery two years ago in Canada. Is there any idea about medical received? Dose it mean I passed the medical??
Thanks.
Probably meds received in ecas is good news for you 'cause 'til now, mine is "in process".

Were you able to confirm if CIC had your meds under review?

Ninjini

Jul 18, 2013
As I know my medical was under review because other family passed it as I received in my notes. Just mine was pending.

Anonymous1234

Feb 27, 2014
I did my medicals 2 months ago but ecas still shows the same status. I'm starting to worry about this.

Ecas displays the link "In Process" and when I click it shows:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 7, 2013.
2. We started processing your application on December 9, 2013.

Could you please tell where ecas suppose to display "Medicals received" message? Should it be a third element of this list, right? Is there cases when VOs just forget to update ecas?

Thanks a lot!

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Ninjini said:
Thanks.
Is there any further update? Did you get PPR? I am anxious as I am also in the same boat.
Had surgery in Canada last Dec and completed medicals on 18th Feb :)

Ninjini

Jul 18, 2013
Nothing! But I think background check is the problem for those who haven' t received ppr yet. No way, we should wait!

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
It's already March and no PPR.

I found these links as a good read about medicals (though i'm not sure if there are more updated ones). Try reading them. You will at least get a general idea how the process is done by the medical officers.

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html#hd3d

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf

:)

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
Under MEDICAL SCREENING SECTION:

"2.65 In order to assess an individual’s health status, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has 15 medical officers working in 10 regional medical offices worldwide. They oversee a network that includes laboratories, clinics, and more than 1,000 local physicians designated by CIC in 189 countries. "

If this is true until today, 15 doctors definitely aren't enough to do the job as timely as we want to get our meds cleared. No wonder it takes months. Well, nothing to do but wait and pray that it's my file they'll pick-up next.

:(