+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'MEDICALS SENT'-------London CHC------Waiting for Next Stage (probably PPR)

piscerian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 july 2009
Doc's Request.
15 september 2009
File Transfer...
22 september 2009
Med's Request
17th march 2011
Med's Done....
29 march 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17th november 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
still waiting..............

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
piscerian said:
still waiting..............
Yes few more months you will have to WAIT! :)

All the best dear...

Cheers..

RAAN

Jan 17, 2011
chintu said:
So thats 1 month from despatch to return. Great. Congrats. Wish you the very best. I am can understand what you would be going through right now.

I guess its normal to be anxious and confused too, as this is a big decision for most of us. The last two times when I experienced such intense feelings were when I decided to move from India to Kuwait and before that when I decided to get married. Being critical decisions, we at time get confused and anxious. I wish you all the very best for your move.

I would appreciate if you could let me know :
1. Did Aramex Kuwait call u or was it Aramex - Abu Dhabi?/ Actually, we got an email from London CHC notifying us the status. The next day we called Aramex Kuwait and they said it is on the way.
2. Does Aramex deliver the PPs to home or do we have to collect it from Ardiya? - they will call u and check where u want it delivered. Which address have u mentioned in the envelope?
3. Charges and duration - KD 31.000 / Duration : 2 working days

Thanks and once again all the best.

Chintu
I have answered ur questions above.

Let me know when u receive ur pps.

All the best

RAAN

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
G2009 said:
The updated form with PPR mentions surname and first name to be exactly as mentioned in passport.

Indian passports issued by the Embassy do not write anything on surname line and on first name line write full name : First, middle and last name (A B C).

What should be done in this case. Embassy when contacted say it is their practice and no change can be done.

Indians who have such passports and have received Visa from London may please advise. I have to send passport for visa and am worried it may be returned.
RAAN and Chintu, please advise what was in your passport? I sent them passport as above mentioning my surname C in the update form but the passport has given name ABC leaving surname line blank. Will the CIC send the passport without visa?

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
I am not sure what CHC London will do. However in the PPR they do ask us to write the names exactly as they appear in the passport and also to follow SURNAME and GIVEN NAME in the Updates Summary Info form. Now in your case the Updates Summary Info form and the PPs dont match. Again, I am not sure what CHC London would do.

Well you would have faced the same problem when u filled the forms earlier. That time it could have been corrected. Further if you are using Ecas, then it means that as per London CHC Database, your file does have a SURNAME.

Chintu

G2009 said:
RAAN and Chintu, please advise what was in your passport? I sent them passport as above mentioning my surname C in the update form but the passport has given name ABC leaving surname line blank. Will the CIC send the passport without visa?

Bob2008

Mar 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G2009 said:
No Problem from my view.. some countries do not incorporate the First Name/Surname in their passports. Visas are issued normally using the surname you chose.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SATDXB said:
Hi Guys..!

Received today the PPs with a SHINY MAPLE LEAF on them.

Thanks to Almighty and you all friends , who were so helpful throughout the process.

And all the very best to those who are still in the queue.

And remember.. IF CANADA IS IN UR DESTINY, THEN NO BODY CAN STOP YOU TO REACH THERE.!

Cheers..
100000 Congrats dear, wish you the best, take care.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deeaar said:
Dear Friends

Today by the Grace of God, I have received my passports with the beautiful, long awaited VISA!

I would like to thank each one of you for your support and prayers during this difficult process.

Please find my complete timeline below :

September, 2007 : Application filed
3rd October, 2007 : AOR received
8th March, 2010 : Documents update letter/ File transferred to Ottawa (Documents sent on 9.6.11)
29th June, 2010 : More documents/ some clarifications requested
6th October, 2010 : Medical Request (Medicals done on 26.10.11)
4th March, 2011 : Passport Request (Passports sent on 9.3.11)
30th March, 2011 : Visa Issued (Passports received in hand on 20.4.11)

This whole process has taken me exactly 42 months.

I pray that all of you going through this process may soon receive your visas.
100000 Congrats wish you the best.

proagent

Mar 29, 2011
napoleonbg said:
hi all hope doing great.. as you know i m already in toronto. almost settled.. all the paper wors done. got my apt, bank account, credit card and so on.. got the job as well. joining from 1st may. better salary then uk..
if any one need anysort of information plz do not hesitate to ask. best regards to all. god bless all of us...
Well great to hear some inspiring news. Hope you settling fine. What is the job market like? How long did it take to find a job? Is it something you were doing in uk? or may be something you wanted to do in canada? I have a settled job here in uk but want to migrate to canada for better life really and obviously more money if possible. I dont mind doing donkey work for few years at the bigining. Btw how is the property market there? Cost of living same or cheaper than uk?

thanks

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
RAY2112 said:
100000 Congrats dear, wish you the best, take care.

Thanks RAY2112!

Cheers..

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
Thanks a lot Raan.

Chintu

RAAN said:
I have answered ur questions above.

Let me know when u receive ur pps.

All the best

RAAN

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
Hi guys,

This one is mainly for applicants in Kuwait. I inquired about the rates and duration for sending PPs from Kuwait to CHC London. They are as follows:

DHL - 33 KD - 1~2 working days [upto 500 gms]
Aramex - 27.5 KD - 3~5 working days [upto 500 gms]
TNT - 35 KD - 2 working days [3 passports]
Fedex - 17.5 KD - 5 working days [3 passports]

DHL does offer pick up service [at no extra cost] and Al-Ardiya Industrial estate on 5th Ring road has most courier company offices.

Most courier companies deliver PPs in 2 working days max. However some quote higher time to be on a safer side. Also as per UK Security Policies, Passports sent by courier companies are CONTROLLABLE items [not Prohibited items], which means that the Customs fellows may hold the PP shipment for checks. However, DHL and Aramex guys told me that if the PPs are addressed to the Embassy / Consulate directly, such shipments are usually allowed to pass through smoothly as UK Customs knows that the purpose is for VISA STAMPING.

I am sure this will be helpful for Q8 based applicants expecting their PPRs soon. All the best.

Chintu

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Great Job buddy - Thanks for your helping hand :D

Biju

chintu said:
Hi guys,
This one is mainly for applicants in Kuwait. I inquired about the rates and duration for sending PPs from Kuwait to CHC London. They are as follows:
DHL - 33 KD - 1~2 working days [upto 500 gms]
Aramex - 27.5 KD - 3~5 working days [upto 500 gms]
TNT - 35 KD - 2 working days [3 passports]
Fedex - 17.5 KD - 5 working days [3 passports]
DHL does offer pick up service [at no extra cost] and Al-Ardiya Industrial estate on 5th Ring road has most courier company offices.
Most courier companies deliver PPs in 2 working days max. However some quote higher time to be on a safer side. Also as per UK Security Policies, Passports sent by courier companies are CONTROLLABLE items [not Prohibited items], which means that the Customs fellows may hold the PP shipment for checks. However, DHL and Aramex guys told me that if the PPs are addressed to the Embassy / Consulate directly, such shipments are usually allowed to pass through smoothly as UK Customs knows that the purpose is for VISA STAMPING.

I am sure this will be helpful for Q8 based applicants expecting their PPRs soon. All the best.

Chintu

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
RAAN said:
Yes, Chintu...got our pps yesterday. Happy but also confused...when to go and what to do. Haven't decided yet...still thinking and planning.
Hope we take the right decision.
Good luck to you :) :)

C O N G R A T S buddy :D :D :D

Good luck always

Biju

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi PAULCANADA74

i took it in cash GBP but i was $1,000 short but they didn't say a thing......

paulcanada74 said:
Dear shibleebd

Congrats on your safe and happy landing and thnx a ton to share ur experience with us...i just have one query to u: in ur case how u took ur POF?

To All Others Applicants

do anyone know any other reasonable courier service to send goods from uk to canada?

thnx in advance...