+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medicals received on e-cas means?

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
The status on my ecas currently states
1. Permenant residence application received: november 20 2013
2. Medical results received

Last correspondance with cic was in March 2014 from Abu dhabi we got the acknowledment letter of receipt and addictional doc request.

What does medical received indicate? When can we expect passport request?

Please help me out, thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It doesn't indicate anything beyond the fact that they have received your medical.

Current posted processing time for Abu Dhabi is 15 months, so you shouldn't expect to hear anything until near the end of the year.

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
I appreciate your reply! Medical received comes under the decision made section on ecas.. Doesn't it mean that our passport request should come in soon?

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
There is no relation between medical update on ecas and passport request. It can come anytime, but not because your medicals are updated.

safa.umair said:
I appreciate your reply! Medical received comes under the decision made section on ecas.. Doesn't it mean that our passport request should come in soon?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
safa.umair said:
As I said, it doesn't mean anything except that they have received your medical. It has nothing to do with the passport request.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
You said you also got a request for additional documents too, right? You should probably attend to getting those docs back to CIC asap so your timeline isn't extended even further. (We had "Meds received" pretty much from the get-go, good to know at that point but never took it as indicative of an accelerated application).

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Explanation

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence

If you look at the table above it indicates that a decision has made when medical results have been received. It does indicate that a decision has been made right? Now I have to wait for their decision if the application is approved or rejected correct? Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to decide? Please help me out thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
safa.umair said:
Explanation

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence

If you look at the table above it indicates that a decision has made when medical results have been received. It does indicate that a decision has been made right? Now I have to wait for their decision if the application is approved or rejected correct? Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to decide? Please help me out thanks
Does your Ecas shows Decision Made ?? Or just application received ??

Well if it shows Application Received, you have to wait many more months as other posters here indicated. In case it shows Decision Made, it could be yes or no and you will be notified soon.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
I think you've just copied & pasted what is presented on the e-cas application process Explanation. It is a guideline, in other words, of what each step of the process usually involves...EVERYONE sees this same table. Because 'Medical Results Received' appears in the 'Decision Made' stage and they have already received your Med Results doesn't mean they have decided on your case. (Many people have Meds Received even in the initial 'Application Received' stage too; I haven't heard of anyone getting a 'Decision Made' status change while still owing additional docs to CIC, but I could be wrong). What is the status of your file in the line of the table before this, where you have clicked to get to this point? Since you had to provide additional documents you are likely in the "Documentation Verified" stage. Many people have said on this forum that the e-cas is not always in sync with what's actually happening with their application anyway; what is more accurate about your specific case is the email or letter you receive directly from CIC that outlines where you are in the process / what they still need from you (if anything) & so on. If you've sent in the missing docs you'll just have to wait now for the next email, likely with a "Decision Made" reference if all is well.

Marco4

May 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
July 4, 2014
AOR Received.
April 5, 2014
File Transfer...
April 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 22, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 13, 2014
LANDED..........
October
Gumper said:
I think you've just copied & pasted what is presented on the e-cas application process Explanation. It is a guideline, in other words, of what each step of the process usually involves...EVERYONE sees this same table. Because 'Medical Results Received' appears in the 'Decision Made' stage and they have already received your Med Results doesn't mean they have decided on your case. (Many people have Meds Received even in the initial 'Application Received' stage too; I haven't heard of anyone getting a 'Decision Made' status change while still owing additional docs to CIC, but I could be wrong). What is the status of your file in the line of the table before this, where you have clicked to get to this point? Since you had to provide additional documents you are likely in the "Documentation Verified" stage. Many people have said on this forum that the e-cas is not always in sync with what's actually happening with their application anyway; what is more accurate about your specific case is the email or letter you receive directly from CIC that outlines where you are in the process / what they still need from you (if anything) & so on. If you've sent in the missing docs you'll just have to wait now for the next email, likely with a "Decision Made" reference if all is well.
Medicals received doesn't mean your visa is ready. However a decision has been made most likely on your eligibility for the category for which you applied. There are different levels to the processing as you can see from the ecas explanation.
I also doubt they will update your Medicals if additional documentation are still required from you.
Are there any cases in this forum where an applicant was called for an interview after getting "medicals" update?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
"Medical results have been received" appears under "Decision made" in the Explanation because with all other types of applications (Skilled worker, etc.) the medical exam is requested by the VO in the last stage of the process.

This is not the case for spousal sponsorship though, because the Family Class (and only Family class) have the right to do an upfront medical exam, meaning that the VO will have the medical results at the beginning of the application.

So in the case of a spousal sponsorship (Family Class), "Medical results have been received" means only that the VO matched your application file with the eMedical exam number (UMI (Unique Medical Identifier) - written on your eMedical paper) in their system. And in all cases, it is at the beginning of the process, after SA, when your app reaches the VO.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
safa.umair said:
Does anyone know how you can contact a VO?
on your sponsorship approval letter/email, there is information for how to contact your visa office by mail, email and fax. they do not share phone numbers for visa offices as far as i know.