+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals outside our applying country

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi Friends, I have a question about doing medicals outside the applying country.

I am a Canadian PR since last year and I am working in US, not moved to Canada yet. My wife is here with me in US as well. I am planning to move to Canada soon and I will be sending my wife to India as I dont want her to be alone here in US until I get the PR sponsored for her. So we decided to have New Delhi as her visa office for PR.

My question is - For sponsoring wife, we need to submit the medical report upfront with our first application to Mississauga. For this, can I get her medicals done from a DMP here in US or is there any condition that I need to get it done in India only?

Please advice if there is any difference in getting it done in US or India. Thanks.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
My opinion is that is should be absolutely fine to have the medical done in the US. As long as its a DMP.
I am from the UK but had my medical done in Canada.
I'm not certain, but I think it will be fine.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It's fine. The doctor just has to be a DMP.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thank you friends.

One more question here - I did my medicals only after getting the medicals request during my PR processing. But for my wife, I understand that it needs to be done before I submit my documents. Usually the DMP will send the results to Ottawa office. How does it work when it comes for a spouse application? Will the DMP give the result to us so that we can send it to Mississauga?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
The DMP gives you a copy of a form he/she fills out, with your wife's picture attached, signed and stamped by him.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Thank you friends.

One more question here - I did my medicals only after getting the medicals request during my PR processing. But for my wife, I understand that it needs to be done before I submit my documents. Usually the DMP will send the results to Ottawa office. How does it work when it comes for a spouse application? Will the DMP give the result to us so that we can send it to Mississauga?
The DMP will give you a receipt which you must include in your application package when you send it to Mississauga.

asiddiq

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2010
Doc's Request.
Remed & PCC on 02-08-2011
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
02-08-2011 (Remed)
Med's Done....
07-08-2011
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2011, Submitted 30 Oct
To my opinion, You better do it in India since you r sending her back. Then, DMP will forward the result to Delhi visa office. Why I am advising is because if in case she needs to do another medical or additional tests to be required, Delhi Visa mission will most likely request her to go to the same doctor. So, it will be more convenient for her. Other factor is that, I m not sure though, If DMP will mail it to Delhi, they may charge you more ( Medicals are always sent via Courier). Or sending it in Ottawa may result in delay of your application being processed; as Delhi visa office will have to request medical results to the Ottawa office which will take little longer.

Doing it in home or residing country is always recommended. As far I know, Delhi office is the fastest mission to process spousal applications.

Again, I am not sure if medical done by DMP in US is okay ( If they send it to Ottawa). Why don't you email Delhi visa office to know whether medical done in US is alright? They will reply it, because it's general question.

Agree with other members, that medicals can be done by any DMP, question is where the results will be forwarded to. In your case, if visa mission is Delhi, would it be wise to have medical done in US? I m not sure. You better email the Delhi visa office as soon as possible.

Good luck.