+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals expired after getting visa

canada_pls_let_mrs_in

Feb 26, 2021
My medicals expired after I got my visa. My counterfoil is still valid. However I received an email asking for a redo. I submitted a webform on April 22 with the medical sheet. There has been no update so far. Since the redo is not reflecting on gckey, can I travel with just the medical sheet or do I have to wait for a valid travel letter ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I'll advise you do not make plans to travel until you receive update from IRCC. Border officers can see on their systems that your medicals have expired even if your counterfoil still shows as valid for now. A lot of people have been denied entry to Canada due to expired medicals.

canada_pls_let_mrs_in

Feb 26, 2021
I'll advise you do not make plans to travel until you receive update from IRCC. Border officers can see on their systems that your medicals have expired even if your counterfoil still shows as valid for now. A lot of people have been denied entry to Canada due to expired medicals.
Is it enough that I redo and carry the medical sheet so that they can see on their system ? Or do we need to wait for an update from IRCC