+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals- cancer history

Oys

Apr 30, 2017
Can a person apply for PR who has had a cancer history, 2 years back? Will the person be inadmissible on medical grounds stating it is a burden to public health? Anyone with similar experiences, please help

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Check out below thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-cancer-survival-t198716.0.html

Oys

Apr 30, 2017
I did read it, but this says 5 years ago, since it is medically said that if it didn't occur in 5 years, chances reduce. Since this is 2 years ago, will it be an issue?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Every cancer of course can be different but Personally I would have thought at least 5 years in remission phase would maybe expected but then again i am neither a medical professional nor a visa officer.

As said every case could be different with different risks of a relapse leading to more treatment given some cancers such as blood cancers for example are expected to come back and need more treatment whereas others post initial treatment just need ongoing follow up often just through the 'magic' 5 year anniversary.

Almost impossible for anyone on this forum to say much more than that what effect would have on an application, that depends really on how convincing an oncologist report appears to the visa officer.

Govind1313

Oct 7, 2017
Hi
Can someone help me .
I am in Canada since Feb 2017 on bounded work permit. But in may 2018 i came to know that i have cancer . But its curable . It was successfully diagnosed in canada and now i am fit.
My question is, I applied my pr in December 2018 . But at the time of medical i didn't disclose my medical history. Because i am fit now . But now I'm worried about. Can they check the medical history and refuse my application.
If someone knows anything about please reply.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Can someone help me .
I am in Canada since Feb 2017 on bounded work permit. But in may 2018 i came to know that i have cancer . But its curable . It was successfully diagnosed in canada and now i am fit.
My question is, I applied my pr in December 2018 . But at the time of medical i didn't disclose my medical history. Because i am fit now . But now I'm worried about. Can they check the medical history and refuse my application.
Thanks
They will see an outline and the cost of your medical care so you created a bigger problem for yourself by lying. You may want to contact your panel physician and mention you forgot to mention you had cancer.

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Hi
Can someone help me .
Thanks
Hey Gobind, how did you medical go? Were they able to track down that you had cancer? Did you get your PR?

KIRAN_87

Aug 22, 2019
Can a person apply for PR who has had a cancer history, 2 years back? Will the person be inadmissible on medical grounds stating it is a burden to public health? Anyone with similar experiences, please help
Hello,

Have you got PR?