+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals and background passed. How long do you think it'll be before we have a decision?

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
Inland spousal sponsorship. Canadian sponsor and Filipina principal applicant. Here is my timeline (by memory so it may not be 100% accurate):

Application received: October 4, 2021
TAOR: Dec 3rd, 2021
AOR with app #: January 20, 2022
Medical request: January 20, 2022
Medicals passed: February 2, 2022
Background passed: February 22, 2022

I spoke with the contact centre today and they said that the most recent notes say there are "no concerns about the principal applicant". He said we just need to wait for eligibility to finish. I didn't ask if eligibility has started yet but according to GCKey linked app, it has not.

Just wondering what you guys think the timeline will be roughly to hear about a decision either way?

I'm worried and this is consuming every minute of every day for me as I'm terrified of being rejected and losing my spouse because she'd have to leave Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inland spousal sponsorship. Canadian sponsor and Filipina principal applicant. Here is my timeline (by memory so it may not be 100% accurate):

Application received: October 4, 2021
TAOR: Dec 3rd, 2021
AOR with app #: January 20, 2022
Medical request: January 20, 2022
Medicals passed: February 2, 2022
Background passed: February 22, 2022

I spoke with the contact centre today and they said that the most recent notes say there are "no concerns about the principal applicant". He said we just need to wait for eligibility to finish. I didn't ask if eligibility has started yet but according to GCKey linked app, it has not.

Just wondering what you guys think the timeline will be roughly to hear about a decision either way?

I'm worried and this is consuming every minute of every day for me as I'm terrified of being rejected and losing my spouse because she'd have to leave Canada.
I don't see any reason to be worried. Normal processing times are around 12 months and you are still way below that. So nothing in your timeline says there's any reaso to be concerned.

Is there something in your application that you are specifically worried about?

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
I don't see any reason to be worried. Normal processing times are around 12 months and you are still way below that. So nothing in your timeline says there's any reaso to be concerned.

Is there something in your application that you are specifically worried about?
Sort of. We have some red flags that I fear we will be refused on the basis of. For instance, my spouse is ten years older than me and I have read that it is a red flag. We're from different cultures and that is also a red flag. On the other hand, we provided a lot of documentation to prove the validity of our relationship. I have anxiety, so really this is probably all just overthinking on my part.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sort of. We have some red flags that I fear we will be refused on the basis of. For instance, my spouse is ten years older than me and I have read that it is a red flag. We're from different cultures and that is also a red flag. On the other hand, we provided a lot of documentation to prove the validity of our relationship. I have anxiety, so really this is probably all just overthinking on my part.
The challenge with this process is that you generally have long periods where you don't hear anything. I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry through these periods. I also personally wouldn't bother calling the contact centre. Their information isn't that great (sometimes it's downright wrong). Best way to find out status is GCMS notes - although those are taking a while to be delivered right now.

If there's been no additional information request, count that as a good sign. Plenty of people have differences and this doesn't necessarily mean the whole application is going to be red flagged if there are other strong indicators the relationship is real.

You may still have quite a number of months to wait, so try to find some way of not focusing on this daily and not to overthingk. I know it's hard.

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
The challenge with this process is that you generally have long periods where you don't hear anything. I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry through these periods. I also personally wouldn't bother calling the contact centre. Their information isn't that great (sometimes it's downright wrong). Best way to find out status is GCMS notes - although those are taking a while to be delivered right now.

If there's been no additional information request, count that as a good sign. Plenty of people have differences and this doesn't necessarily mean the whole application is going to be red flagged if there are other strong indicators the relationship is real.

You may still have quite a number of months to wait, so try to find some way of not focusing on this daily and not to overthingk. I know it's hard.
Thank you. You're definitely right, there are lots of people who have differences and still get approved. For us there shouldn't be any doubt that our relationship is genuine. We provided lots of proof including insurance policies listing the other as a beneficiary, letters from family and friends, and lots of photos. We have joint bank accounts and joint gym memberships, cell phone bill, etc. Hopefully we have provided enough.

Reactions: scylla

xiiiw

Jan 20, 2022
Our timeline is very similar. I received my AOR on Jan 20 as well and my eligibility is completed on Feb 22. I'm still waiting for the background check. It seems they process the applications in different manners. I would say it's a normal timeline so don't stress out yourself. Hope things will run smoothly for you.

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
Our timeline is very similar. I received my AOR on Jan 20 as well and my eligibility is completed on Feb 22. I'm still waiting for the background check. It seems they process the applications in different manners. I would say it's a normal timeline so don't stress out yourself. Hope things will run smoothly for you.
It does seem that way! I would have figured eligibility would have been first. Hopefully things go smoothly for you too!