+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medically inadmissible

jose law

Aug 22, 2007
Hi all

I just submitted the application for the skilled worker visa. However; I am concerning that whether my son could pass the medical exam. He had a operation when he was 2 months old for the Biliary Atresia. Now he is 3 1/2 years old. He needs to go the hospital for the routine check up monitor his liver function. Will he be cliasified medically inadmissible becasuse of the possible excessive demand on health or social services in Canada?

Can someone please shed some light here?

Many thanks in advance

JL

Good Man

Aug 22, 2007
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
8 Aug
Hey hey

Shouldnt worry too much...

GM

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey jose law

in order for you to be more comfortable about this issue, I suggest that why don't you call one of the approved Doctors they probably can give you a better advise than us, since this is a medical topic, so we cannot just guess about it.

I really hope you will not have any issue with this

Good luck
Eduardo

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Because your son is a dependent, he should be waived for the 'excessive use' category of the medical. So I think your chances are very good.

Just note, it's not the doctor that will make the final determination as to whether your son gets a waiver. The doctor just does the testing. CIC ultimately makes the final decision.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaiguy said:
Because your son is a dependent, he should be waived for the 'excessive use' category of the medical. So I think your chances are very good.

Just note, it's not the doctor that will make the final determination as to whether your son gets a waiver. The doctor just does the testing. CIC ultimately makes the final decision.
The OP is applying for as a skilled worker, excessive demand is only waived for spousal applicants or dependent children of Canadian residents.

PMM

system

Sep 17, 2007
I applied as a skilled worker...all files in NY. Me and my wife did the medical on Sept 5th. My wife has a major physical problem...but it doesn't hinder her movement. The doctor wrote 2 lines about the problem in the form but he put all "no" to all those questions of felony..medical prob etc..which is a good thing. He told me that he has to write those two lines as he has to..but as her problem is not contagious or disable her to move or work..he has put all "no" to those questions. all materials were sent to Ottawa medical branch a week ago.

Q: if this was experienced by anyone else in the forum, whether there was a further test requirement?
Q: how long does it take for Ottawa to process papers? will they send the results to NY and then NY will notify me? how long will that take?

Thanks

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Children below the age of 12, do not take a blood test or x-rays. So just go for the medicals and don't worry. Good Luck !