Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Friends,
I have a big question in front of me for which I seek your help. I have a medically dependent mother (who is suffering from dementia) & an old father. I am the only son. Sometime back due to sudden decline of my career in India, I thought of immigrating to Canada. As you could see in my signature that I'm wiring at 441 for last about 15 - 16 months, but as the impending big day of my ITA is on the horizon I'm getting jitters and sleepless nights thinking how I'd manage the care of my mother here in India in my and my wife's absence. Sometimes I feel this whole immigration thing is not for me but then I hope situation will be better for me and I will be able to build my career there in Canada.

If anyone could help me , pl do..

1. Will it be possible to call my parents ever to Canada (keeping in mind that my mother is totally dependent on me medically)?
2. If yes, in how much time I'd be able to call them? I mean after spending how long in Canada I would be able to move their case?
3. Incase, I return immediately after getting the PR card will it adversely affect the possibilities of calling them early? In other words, do I have to necessarily stay in Canada the first year before I could call them ?
4. Is there any urgent way of medical visa processing for the parents who're very ill?

I know some of my questions would sound basic to few of you but I definitely have a situation here which I want resolve. May be some of you would understand me better if you'd have old parents back home who need care and attention. This is possibly the biggest question of my life which I will face in sometime so I want to well informed about the ways and possibilities.
Thanks friends for all your support, help and advise as always ..

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Friends,
I have a big question in front of me for which I seek your help. I have a medically dependent mother (who is suffering from dementia) & an old father. I am the only son. Sometime back due to sudden decline of my career in India, I thought of immigrating to Canada. As you could see in my signature that I'm wiring at 441 for last about 15 - 16 months, but as the impending big day of my ITA is on the horizon I'm getting jitters and sleepless nights thinking how I'd manage the care of my mother here in India in my and my wife's absence. Sometimes I feel this whole immigration thing is not for me but then I hope situation will be better for me and I will be able to build my career there in Canada.

If anyone could help me , pl do..

1. Will it be possible to call my parents ever to Canada (keeping in mind that my mother is totally dependent on me medically)?
2. If yes, in how much time I'd be able to call them? I mean after spending how long in Canada I would be able to move their case?
3. Incase, I return immediately after getting the PR card will it adversely affect the possibilities of calling them early? In other words, do I have to necessarily stay in Canada the first year before I could call them ?
4. Is there any urgent way of medical visa processing for the parents who're very ill?

I know some of my questions would sound basic to few of you but I definitely have a situation here which I want resolve. May be some of you would understand me better if you'd have old parents back home who need care and attention. This is possibly the biggest question of my life which I will face in sometime so I want to well informed about the ways and possibilities.
Thanks friends for all your support, help and advise as always ..
Hi, though there is separate forum on this website to answer your Parent's visa questions, but i would like to answer few here

1) Yes you can call them even if they are medically dependant
2) there are 2 options : get a tourist visa for your parents so they can travel with you/your wife on the 1st day when you enter canada(so that u dont have to leave them back in india) beacuse you could only apply for their SUPERVISA once you complete 2 years in Canada & that too you would have to show that you earn enough that you can supprt them financially.

Tourist visa is valid for several years with maximum stay of 6 months... so they will have to move out of canada(US can be an option) atkeast for 1 day & then they can stay 6 more months with you.

3) no there is no such requirement. Uou can come back to india anytime once u have PR card
4) Not sure of this.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
cpsingh said:
Hi, though there is separate forum on this website to answer your Parent's visa questions, but i would like to answer few here

1) Yes you can call them even if they are medically dependant
2) there are 2 options : get a tourist visa for your parents so they can travel with you/your wife on the 1st day when you enter canada(so that u dont have to leave them back in india) beacuse you could only apply for their SUPERVISA once you complete 2 years in Canada & that too you would have to show that you earn enough that you can supprt them financially.

Tourist visa is valid for several years with maximum stay of 6 months... so they will have to move out of canada(US can be an option) atkeast for 1 day & then they can stay 6 more months with you.

3) no there is no such requirement. Uou can come back to india anytime once u have PR card
4) Not sure of this.
Thanks a lot buddy. After reading your reply I have some peace of mind..

Could you direct me to the forum you referred to for the parents' visa queries..