+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

Rezwanca

Aug 4, 2018
Can anyone share about medial exam? What are the things they look for? Is Thalassemia minor would be a problem?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No idea but generally depends on whether any costs would exceed the permitted excessive demand annual threshold which if I recall is currently set at 20000CDN. That decision not made by any panel doctor but an individual is responsible to share any medical history with the doctor given could cause issues later if found out. Also depends under which program you are applying how the excessive demand is assessed.

Here is a previous post

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-thalassemia-dependent.141618/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/permanent-residence-to-skilled-worker-with-thalassemia-major.413353/

Last edited:
Reactions: Rezwanca

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Can anyone share about medial exam? What are the things they look for? Is Thalassemia minor would be a problem?
Hi,We had our medical and my son 16 turning 17 soon has the Alpa thalassemia trait,the immigration send an email for medical furtherance re thalassemia -we went to medical panel and I found out that I did not clearly stated on the patients history what kind of Thalassemia my son had.Immigration wants to know about this because Thalassemia is very broad..MD panel said they are only looking if needs the regular blood transfusions which I said my son never had blood transfusions.(thank God).
So I gave all my sons laboratory results from our family doctor/hematogist to proved that he is Thalassemia trait also called thalassemia MINOR-and Md panel submitted it to immigration on the same day.

Thalassemia trait or Thalassemia Minor-is not a disease they carry the genetic trait for Thalassemia that they might passed it to their descendants they don’t have symptoms they live as normal as we are.Trait carriers should be aware that carrying the genetic trait for Thalassemia is not the same thing as having the disease ...hope it helps