+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
I had my medical exam last week in the US. Since I have mental health history (brief psychosis attack in 2013) I had a short note from my psychiatrist that I have been compliant with treatment, my symptoms are well controlled and I have no ideas of hurting myself or others. The panel physician said he could not upload my letter in the systems and the system required him to make a referral letter. He made the referral to my psychiatrist and a lot of information was requested in it including previous hospitalization, current management, community services required, risk to self and others, ability to live and work independently, etc. I took the letter to my psychiatrist and he refused to provide any further information or attach his previous note to this letter. So I called the panel physician's office to ask what to do. They said they would upload my previous letter to the system and if CIC need further information, they will contact me.

Now I am worried that my application may be rejected due to insufficient documents. Would they really reject my application because I do not have the reference letter completed? Or will they contact me to provide that if they need it?

On another note, do they start processing my medical documents before I submit my application? I am going to submit my application in two months after receiving my police certificates.

Reactions: Shiv29

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
CIC will not start processing your medicals until after you submit your application.
When you submit the app attach the document you have along with a LoE.

After that, wait for them to reach out to you for more information if they need it.

Reactions: Mat_M

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
CIC will not start processing your medicals until after you submit your application.
When you submit the app attach the document you have along with a LoE.

After that, wait for them to reach out to you for more information if they need it.
So if I understand right, you're saying that they will not reject my application on the basis of insufficient documents but they might reach out to me to provide more documents. Right?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
So if I understand right, you're saying that they will not reject my application on the basis of insufficient documents but they might reach out to me to provide more documents. Right?
For medical requests, yes. You have no idea what exactly they need until they tell you.

Reactions: Mat_M

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
For medical requests, yes. You have no idea what exactly they need until they tell you.
Well, the thing is that their system already generated a reference letter with some specific information requested but my psychiatrist refused to fill that letter. So the panel physician did not refer me to another psychiatrist and instead uploaded the letter that my psychiatrist had given me before (without the UMI# and not in the format and not with all the information requested by CIC system). That's why I got worried they might reject my application for insufficient documents. But I agree with you, I think they will just contact me if they need more information after I submit eAPR.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Make sure to include a LoE with your application explaining all of that.