+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone know if a medical for inland application can be done outside of Canada? My husband has already done his in Italy as we thought we would be applying outland. It looks like we will have to apply inland so I'm wondering if we can use the results of a medical already done?

Thanks

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So far as I am aware the answer to your question is yes. I have not seen your particular question raised before but generally one is free to consult any panel physician, anywhere. I myself applied outland from the UK but did my medical in Canada. Other members of the forum applying outland have chosen their panel physician in a different country on the basis of cost. The same principles I am almost sure apply to inland applicants but no doubt if someone has personal experience to the contrary they will let you know. By the way I note that you say that 'we will have to apply inland'. You do not say why. You do know that even if you are in Canada you can still apply outland, which can be faster? Last but not least if you do apply inland you have the choice of undergoing an upfront medical or doing it later when requested by the Visa Office. So if the Italian medical were by any chance invalid for the purposes of an inland application (which is not what I would expect) your application would not be invalid and would not be returned to you.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
wowsers said:
So far as I am aware the answer to your question is yes. I have not seen your particular question raised before but generally one is free to consult any panel physician, anywhere. I myself applied outland from the UK but did my medical in Canada. Other members of the forum applying outland have chosen their panel physician in a different country on the basis of cost. The same principles I am almost sure apply to inland applicants but no doubt if someone has personal experience to the contrary they will let you know. By the way I note that you say that 'we will have to apply inland'. You do not say why. You do know that even if you are in Canada you can still apply outland, which can be faster? Last but not least if you do apply inland you have the choice of undergoing an upfront medical or doing it later when requested by the Visa Office. So if the Italian medical were by any chance invalid for the purposes of an inland application (which is not what I would expect) your application would not be invalid and would not be returned to you.
Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find any info about it so I'm also assuming that it would be ok. The story is very long why we decided to do inland, there is still time that things could change. thanks again