+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

youngy

Sep 6, 2009
Hi,

I am new to all of this and am sure the answer to this question is somewhere in these posts but I am unable to find it!

I am a Cdn living in Scotland, my bf and I are organising our application for common law sponsorship/PR now. We are arranging all of the police checks but are having problems with the medical. Everything I can see on the CIC/London high commision website says that we need to submit the medical with our application. However, I have called all of the DMP offices and Scotland and none of them will allow us to book an appointment. They have all said we need a special reference number from CIC first. Has anyone else come across this problem. I have tried emailing the CIC but I just get a standard response back telling me to read the pdf guides which state we need the medical.

Any help/advise would be great, I feel like I am constantly going in circles!!

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
Did you tell the DMP that you are doing family class sponsorship? For some forms of immigration the medical is not done until requested so maybe they are confused but you are supposed to have done before hand. Hopefully someone on here has experience with Scotland DMPs.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I agree - you need to tell them that this medical is required for sponsorship application.