+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical validity

maomaochong1226

May 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys This question is from my friend . She applied permanent resident under Express Entry on March , unfortunately her case was cancelled due to short of one PCC . She did her MEDICAL on March and she in now wondering if she is able to still use the SAME ONE to apply again cause she received another invitation c couple weeks ago .
appreciated it !

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maomaochong1226 said:
Hi Guys This question is from my friend . She applied permanent resident under Express Entry on March , unfortunately her case was cancelled due to short of one PCC . She did her MEDICAL on March and she in now wondering if she is able to still use the SAME ONE to apply again cause she received another invitation c couple weeks ago .
appreciated it !
Medicals are valid for 1 year and cic takes anywhere upto 6 months to issue PR.

maomaochong1226

May 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
Medicals are valid for 1 year and cic takes anywhere upto 6 months to issue PR.
Thanks for your reply . My friend is current working in Canada and she is CEC inland so base on this information , do you think she need to do the medical one more time ?

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
maomaochong1226 said:
Thanks for your reply . My friend is current working in Canada and she is CEC inland so base on this information , do you think she need to do the medical one more time ?
It is true that the medicals are valid for 12 months, but at the time of submission medicals should be valid for atleast 6 months.

In your friends case,
if she is going through new EE and submits PR app when she gets a new ITA then it is better for her to go for medicals again to be on safe side.

OR

if she wants to try to reopen the file through CSE then I think no need to go for medicals.
(NOTE: you can obtain the PCC and try asking CIC to reopen your file. It's impossible for any of us to say if this will work or not. )
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Hope this helps