+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Update in online service after expiration

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
Hi everyone please help me
I got my medical exam last year and it is passed but expired because of being in background check.

Today i received this message "Medical Report -Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" in my online service account.

What does it mean? what should i do now?

Thanks in advance

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
To me that sounds like they want a new one due to the expiration of the other one. Was there no accompanying message?

Reactions: Gingerbird

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
To me that sounds like they want a new one due to the expiration of the other one. Was there no accompanying message?
Yes i found an attached letter to remedical
But it sounds wierd due to being in security check, what do you think? Is it a good sign of maybe it is finally done? I passed all other steps of process at the beginning

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yes i found an attached letter to remedical
But it sounds wierd due to being in security check, what do you think? Is it a good sign of maybe it is finally done? I passed all other steps of process at the beginning
No, it’s not weird. I’m not sure what you mean about it being expired because of your background check. The medical expires after one year, regardless of the stage your app is in. Them requesting a new medical, along with your background check being in progress, is a great sign that your app is nearing the end. They chose to extend my expired medical rather than request a new one, but that was the very last thing they did before I got DM. :)

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
No, it’s not weird. I’m not sure what you mean about it being expired because of your background check. The medical expires after one year, regardless of the stage your app is in. Them requesting a new medical, along with your background check being in progress, is a great sign that your app is nearing the end. They chose to extend my expired medical rather than request a new one, but that was the very last thing they did before I got DM. :)
We are in process about 15 months because of security check. Thats why my medical exam is expired (after one year). Now suddenly i got a new message to re medical.
I really want to be optimistic about it.

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, you need to re-do your medical exam unfortunately. But as others have said- this is good news as your application is nearing the end! Book in to get the medical done ASAP!
Yes i will do it in few days, thanks.
But i dont know the exact process, if it is in security check now how did they want me to remedial? Is it possible they want it again to finish the file?
Every sign makes us hopeful.

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi!
The reason why they want you to do the medical exam again is because it must be valid at the time they issue your COPR. You must have been given instructions on what to do, one of them should be you need to print the Medical Report Summary form (IMM1017E) and take it with you to the panel physician where you got your first exam done. The doctor will send the results from there to IRCC a couple of days after the exam. Make sure you take the same passport you used for your first exam and your ID card.
You will get back either a hard copy of the exam or that same Medical Report Summary filled up by the doctor and you should physically send it through courrier to the VO that is carrying out the process of your application. Do not forget to photocopy this document and keep a copy for your record. Good luck and hurry as you are close to the end! Cheers!

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
Hi!
The reason why they want you to do the medical exam again is because it must be valid at the time they issue your COPR. You must have been given instructions on what to do, one of them should be you need to print the Medical Report Summary form (IMM1017E) and take it with you to the panel physician where you got your first exam done. The doctor will send the results from there to IRCC a couple of days after the exam. Make sure you take the same passport you used for your first exam and your ID card.
You will get back either a hard copy of the exam or that same Medical Report Summary filled up by the doctor and you should physically send it through courrier to the VO that is carrying out the process of your application. Do not forget to photocopy this document and keep a copy for your record. Good luck and hurry as you are close to the end! Cheers!
Thank you for your reply. do i need to send a hardcopy? Or the emedical that doctor would send is enough for them?

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
I want ask you as your situation, if they extend medical mean all done as it was extended on November for new year, until November 2018
So mean I will get PPR and DM soon. Notes show security blank with s15.

Gingerbird

Nov 25, 2017
I want ask you as your situation, if they extend medical mean all done as it was extended on November for new year, until November 2018
So mean I will get PPR and DM soon. Notes show security blank with s15.
Hi
Do you get any news? Any changes?