Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear friends,

We did MR in Nov-12 and send Passport and other relevant documents to NDVO. Waiting for Maple leaf stamping by early 2013.

We are planning to move to Canada by June 2013 hopefully(If we got visa on time...... further delays are taken into consideration)

My spouse is doing Medical Transcription course in India in order to obtain a survival job on landing.["Hope"].

I would like to know whether any principal applicant or spouses who are already in this profession in India and planning to leave on the same time line.

Those who are already landed in Canada and who are married to this profession Pl share your experiences......

Lets stay together and connected.....

Geeyes

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

My wife is a medical transcriptionist but I have refrained her from doing a course in India as I was not sure whether it will be recognised here in Canada. However, I will help her to join course here. She is planning to do her work from here itself for her indian company until she finds a new position. Just landed a day back so have not started to search for those things, running around to get the SIN and other governmental documents done, will keep you updated.

Regards

Jai

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Jai.ganesh,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

One of my friend is there in Toronto since 2008. She is having contact with some persons who are into Medical Transcription profession. She told me that there are some vacancies existing with the same profession in Canada. As per her her suggestion I had sent my wife for Medical Transcription Training programme since last month.

If you are interested I will give her contact. She is my best friend.

Which city and state you belong in India?

Where you land in Canada?

Which flight you took for the journey?

Wish you all the best for hasslefree and safe settlement in Canada

geeyes

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
geeyes said:
Dear friends,

We did MR in Nov-12 and send Passport and other relevant documents to NDVO. Waiting for Maple leaf stamping by early 2013.

We are planning to move to Canada by June 2013 hopefully(If we got visa on time...... further delays are taken into consideration)

My spouse is doing Medical Transcription course in India in order to obtain a survival job on landing.["Hope"].

I would like to know whether any principal applicant or spouses who are already in this profession in India and planning to leave on the same time line.

Those who are already landed in Canada and who are married to this profession Pl share your experiences......

Lets stay together and connected.....

Geeyes
Hi
Good to see this post. I am from Pakistan. I did MT for 5 years in pak. Would be landing in april for 15 days in Calgary and then final landing in aug 2013. I am also looking for ward to get help regarding MT in Canada, esp Calgary.

Thanks

atif

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear friend,

Good to know that you are going to Alberta soon.

My friend is in Toronto not in Alberta. Let me check with her and if there is any vacancy I will let you inform.

Another friend of mine who is in Alberta for the past 4 years is on Vacation here in India......

Tonight i will meet him and I will enquire the possibilities of MT in Alberta. He is living in Edmonton.

Wish you a very happy and prosperous 2013. May god bless you for safe landing and hassle free settlement.

Regards
geeyes

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
geeyes said:
Dear friend,

Good to know that you are going to Alberta soon.

My friend is in Toronto not in Alberta. Let me check with her and if there is any vacancy I will let you inform.

Another friend of mine who is in Alberta for the past 4 years is on Vacation here in India......

Tonight i will meet him and I will enquire the possibilities of MT in Alberta. He is living in Edmonton.

Wish you a very happy and prosperous 2013. May god bless you for safe landing and hassle free settlement.

Regards
geeyes
Thanks Geeyes, wish u best of luck too.

atif

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
geeyes said:
Dear Jai.ganesh,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

One of my friend is there in Toronto since 2008. She is having contact with some persons who are into Medical Transcription profession. She told me that there are some vacancies existing with the same profession in Canada. As per her her suggestion I had sent my wife for Medical Transcription Training programme since last month.

If you are interested I will give her contact. She is my best friend.

Which city and state you belong in India?

Where you land in Canada?

Which flight you took for the journey?

Wish you all the best for hasslefree and safe settlement in Canada

geeyes
Hi,

Thanks a lot. I am from Tamil Nadu in India. I landed in Edmonton. Just settling and have done the basic things like completing the SIN formalities. Yes please, give me your friends details and I would be very thankful.

I took the Jet Airways from Chennai. The flight was okay. Additionally, it entitled me for around 46 checked in allowance and 7 kgs per full ticket. Ensure that you do not have more than 4 hours of break transit anywhere it would make the luggage checking hassle free as they would do a through check in. Message me for any other details regarding the travel.
Regards

Jai

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Jai.ganesh,

Happy to knew that you are settling down.

Could you pl share your experiences during journey from Chennai-Edmonton

My friend is in Toronto. The vacancy is based in some where in Ontario.

Today I met my friend who is in vacation in Kerala and will be back to Edmonton on 8th January,2013.

Here is an useful and relevant information about MT. The courtesy for this information to "Ask" in other forum.

http://www23.hrsdc.gc.ca/occupationsummarydetail.jsp?&tid=23

Regards

geeyes

jai.ganesh said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot. I am from Tamil Nadu in India. I landed in Edmonton. Just settling and have done the basic things like completing the SIN formalities. Yes please, give me your friends details and I would be very thankful.

I took the Jet Airways from Chennai. The flight was okay. Additionally, it entitled me for around 46 checked in allowance and 7 kgs per full ticket. Ensure that you do not have more than 4 hours of break transit anywhere it would make the luggage checking hassle free as they would do a through check in. Message me for any other details regarding the travel.
Regards

Jai

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi Geeyes,

Thanks for getting back. Been here for two weeks.

My Traveling experience.

Flight: I booked jetairways from Chennai. The route was through Delhi, London, Edmonton. The journey from Chennai to Delhi was good nothing to be alarmed about. During checkin ensure that the person books through your luggage to your final destination otherwise you will need to collect it either in Delhi or in London. I was informed that I need to collect my luggage in London and then do a rebookin. I flatly refused and told them that I booked via your website and there was no indication that the flight leg from London to Edmonton was via Air Canada. After lot of asking around this was done.

Once in Delhi I went to the immigration counter. I never expected that I would be questioned. The person on the other end wanted to know why I was immigrating to Canada!!! I never heard nor read anywhere in the forum that this can happen. I showed him my confirmation and told him that it was a personal decision to migrate to Canada and also for getting a better job and pay in my profession(I was angry and showed it at that point) as the I actually forgot the number of questions that I had to answer. I was asked how I got my cash and all!!!. Once that was over I went over to flight check in. No other incidences were there. The flight was okay with good flight services. Slept through most of the journey to London.

Landed in London and then transferred to Terminal 3. The whole leg was uneventful. I personally felt that the Jet Airways service was better than Air Canada(but this can just be me or the flight crew on that particular flight). I had no luggage compartment though I booked three tickets!! I was asked to walk around the flight and find the place to stow in my hand luggage! I requested that I be given the slot where I am supposed to stow in my hand luggage, the supervisor came and apologised for this and then arranged to have my luggage put in a different place.

Landing procedure: It was pretty straight forward. I informed the official that I have come to complete my landing procedure. He welcomed me to Canada and then pointed me to an office at the other end. I collected my luggage and went to the office. The official there was also very friendly, filled in everything and completed the whole thing in around 10 minutes. Nobody asked me about of POF or good accompanying. I had everything ready and also informed the official but he just said that it is not a big deal, just had my goods accompanying stamped and then we were informed that our cards will be on our way in 4 to 6 weeks. Even though the actual process took very less time the waiting que was long. Alberta incidentally has attracted the highest number of immigrants for the year 2012. This may be due to high number of job creation. The other place that job creation is more is Regina(just that you know)

First Initial Days: Went to SIN office to get the SIN number. Once you give them the form they would provide you with a temporary number and an authorisation letter. I used the letter as proof of address for opening a bank account(try novascotia, very friendly and have good plans for immigrants), applying for medical card. In alberta you are covered from the day you land. Check the rules for the province that you land. Bought a Fido prepaid card. The plans are a bit confusing for me for the time being.

House hunting right now. Got a house with gas, heater, TV and internet, parking included in the rent, may sign this off today or tomorrow.

Drop me a line for any other specific information that you require.

When are you planning to come here? All the best for your trip.

Regards,

Jai

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear friends,

Mr.Jason Kenney, Immigration Minister,Canada is in Cochin,Kerala,India to attend 11th "Pravasi Bharatiya Divas"

Hope MI-1 applicants who had completed medicals should receive "HAPPY" news in this week.May be the long wait will be over soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish you all good luck$$$$$$$$$$$$$

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Jai.ganesh,

Pl go through the job advertisement link.

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=6802319&Source=JobPosting&CmmGrp=GAB005&Categ=1*&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No&PgNum=

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

Thanks very much for this.

Regards,

Jai

salim_sakir

Jan 8, 2013
geeyes said:
Dear Jai.ganesh,

Pl go through the job advertisement link.

jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng.aspx?OrderNum=6802319&Source=JobPosting&CmmGrp=GAB005&Categ=1*&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No&PgNum=
Hi geeyes, can you please mail me on s a l i m _ s a k i r (at) yahoo dot com

Need some info. Thanks.

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Jai,

Thanks for the detailed information about your trip. Got an idea about pre arrangements

What about the flight fare for 3 persons from Chennai-Edmonton incurred.

Where did you purchased Fido Prepaid card? Does it available in India or purchased through online shopping? Does it worth?

HDFC bank is having tie up with Novascotia bank and I will check the details.So that I can open an account before I leave.

I had completed Medicals and send Passports to CHC for stamping. I hope that by gods grace I will receive them in Jan/Feb. If I am planning to land in June-13.Either I will land in Toronto/Alberta as per the plan now.

How is the weather?Is it tolerable,Especially Kids/Children?

Hope you are busy with shifting......... What about rent and proximity to public transportation and other utilities from your new home?

Pl excuse for more questions.............

jai.ganesh said:
Hi Geeyes,

Thanks for getting back. Been here for two weeks.

My Traveling experience.

Flight: I booked jetairways from Chennai. The route was through Delhi, London, Edmonton. The journey from Chennai to Delhi was good nothing to be alarmed about. During checkin ensure that the person books through your luggage to your final destination otherwise you will need to collect it either in Delhi or in London. I was informed that I need to collect my luggage in London and then do a rebookin. I flatly refused and told them that I booked via your website and there was no indication that the flight leg from London to Edmonton was via Air Canada. After lot of asking around this was done.

Once in Delhi I went to the immigration counter. I never expected that I would be questioned. The person on the other end wanted to know why I was immigrating to Canada!!! I never heard nor read anywhere in the forum that this can happen. I showed him my confirmation and told him that it was a personal decision to migrate to Canada and also for getting a better job and pay in my profession(I was angry and showed it at that point) as the I actually forgot the number of questions that I had to answer. I was asked how I got my cash and all!!!. Once that was over I went over to flight check in. No other incidences were there. The flight was okay with good flight services. Slept through most of the journey to London.

Landed in London and then transferred to Terminal 3. The whole leg was uneventful. I personally felt that the Jet Airways service was better than Air Canada(but this can just be me or the flight crew on that particular flight). I had no luggage compartment though I booked three tickets!! I was asked to walk around the flight and find the place to stow in my hand luggage! I requested that I be given the slot where I am supposed to stow in my hand luggage, the supervisor came and apologised for this and then arranged to have my luggage put in a different place.

Landing procedure: It was pretty straight forward. I informed the official that I have come to complete my landing procedure. He welcomed me to Canada and then pointed me to an office at the other end. I collected my luggage and went to the office. The official there was also very friendly, filled in everything and completed the whole thing in around 10 minutes. Nobody asked me about of POF or good accompanying. I had everything ready and also informed the official but he just said that it is not a big deal, just had my goods accompanying stamped and then we were informed that our cards will be on our way in 4 to 6 weeks. Even though the actual process took very less time the waiting que was long. Alberta incidentally has attracted the highest number of immigrants for the year 2012. This may be due to high number of job creation. The other place that job creation is more is Regina(just that you know)

First Initial Days: Went to SIN office to get the SIN number. Once you give them the form they would provide you with a temporary number and an authorisation letter. I used the letter as proof of address for opening a bank account(try novascotia, very friendly and have good plans for immigrants), applying for medical card. In alberta you are covered from the day you land. Check the rules for the province that you land. Bought a Fido prepaid card. The plans are a bit confusing for me for the time being.

House hunting right now. Got a house with gas, heater, TV and internet, parking included in the rent, may sign this off today or tomorrow.

Drop me a line for any other specific information that you require.

When are you planning to come here? All the best for your trip.

Regards,

Jai

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

The flight cost me 1.4L I took a one way. The prepaid card is available only here but be prepared the charges are :eek:. The weather is harsh here in winter it is usually below minus ten CELCIUS. I have rented a home close to a school as I thought that would take part of the burden away from getting the kids to school and back.

Hope I have covered everything. Keep in touch.

Regards,

Jai