Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
what is AVR?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
danhass said:
what is AVR?
I am working on work visa in USA, and my visa has got expired.
I have got approval of extension to work in USA... now if I go out of USA, before I come back to USA, I need to go for USA visa stamping to USA consulate.

But there is an exemption in this rule, if I go to Canada or Maxico & come back to USA with in 30 days, in that I don't need to go for USA visa stamping....under the rule in which I can come back without going for stamping is called AVR.

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
canada_dream100 said:
I am working on work visa in USA, and my visa has got expired.
I have got approval of extension to work in USA... now if I go out of USA, before I come back to USA, I need to go for USA visa stamping to USA consulate.

But there is an exemption in this rule, if I go to Canada or Maxico & come back to USA with in 30 days, in that I don't need to go for USA visa stamping....under the rule in which I can come back without going for stamping is called AVR.
Oh i get it ... Automatic Validation for Re-entry

Thanks

I plan to use that for landing ... don't have a choice ... I would risk being denied AVR over missing my landing any day of the week

but my situation in US is not binding ... i'm a student and in the worst case i'll inform my university that i wanna take a break for a few months (while i apply for US student-visa renewal outside US)

NOTE: I don't see any reason why a normal US resident with valid status, who meets the conditions, would be denied AVR (has there ever been any case? I've never heard of one)

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
canada_dream100 said:
Wish u luck... yes of course...

and all in this thread may get PPR max. by Sept end....
Thank you! We hope that we could get our PPR soon. As soon as September. Wish us luck...

God bless to all of us.

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Guys.

As per the spreadsheet what I can see everybody has sent PCC at the time of application and they are either getting request again or PPR fast.

I have sent PCC first time after medical. Is it mean that they are taking more time for background checking? :( :( :( :(

ShoaibZ

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad-transferred to-London June 26th 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2008
Doc's Request.
04-02-2009
AOR Received.
30-08-2008
IELTS Request
14-10-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
27-05-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 10-04-2012 PPR-2 08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2012
Just added my info the spreadsheet.

gp_dubai

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-11
AOR Received.
Mar-11
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May-11
Med's Request
Jun-11
Med's Done....
Aug-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-Nov-11
LANDED..........
May-2012 ( by Gods Grace !!)
Hello Seniors,

Congratulations and best wishes to all applicants in the forum. ;D

In my case Meds/RPRF request in Jun-11; Meds done in Aug-11. What kind of timeframe can I expect for PPR from London VO?

brgds,
gp

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
gp_dubai said:
Hello Seniors,

In my case Meds/RPRF request in Jun-11; Meds done in Aug-11. What kind of timeframe can I expect for PPR from London VO?

brgds,
gp

Its kind of 3-4 months from the date of medical received by VO..

but in some cases they issue within 1-2 month also..

so hope for the best..

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Guys..

Today my Ecase updated...Medical Received...

Hope PPR on my way...

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
gp_dubai said:
Hello Seniors,

brgds,
gp
U Recieve Med in Jun 11 and done in Aug 11?? Any reason for delay. PPR from VO london usually 2 month from Med submission

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
canada_dream100 said:
Hello Reynold,

Did you get your passport back?

thanks....
Hello Canada Dream100,
I have not received my PP yet. Hopefully after the Eid Hoildays i'll be able to receive some calls from aramex.

reynold

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

I have applied for permanent residence in canada and I am awaiting PPR . before that I sent baby's medical , processing fees , PCC, updated schedule -1 for both me and my spouse . these docs were received in the august 5th, 2011 by the singapore visa office . my visa office is singapore .I nitially I applied in december 9,2010 and my case was held for the pregnancy of my spouse . after the birth of the new born , now we sent those documents .it is almost 25 days passed , we heard no more form the visa office since the final submission of the docs . Medical examination validity is just going to be expired in the comming november 22, 2011. Although Ihave informed the visa office of it s immediate expiry but they replied nothing from the visa office . is it possible to issue PPR when only 2 months is left for medical validity?

could you plese share your experience how long should we wait for the PPR call from the visa office ?

your comments are highly appreciated .

imu

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
imu said:
Dear

I have applied for permanent residence in canada and I am awaiting PPR . before that I sent baby's medical , processing fees , PCC, updated schedule -1 for both me and my spouse . these docs were received in the august 5th, 2011 by the singapore visa office . my visa office is singapore .I nitially I applied in december 9,2010 and my case was held for the pregnancy of my spouse . after the birth of the new born , now we sent those documents .it is almost 25 days passed , we heard no more form the visa office since the final submission of the docs . Medical examination validity is just going to be expired in the comming november 22, 2011. Although Ihave informed the visa office of it s immediate expiry but they replied nothing from the visa office . is it possible to issue PPR when only 2 months is left for medical validity?

could you plese share your experience how long should we wait for the PPR call from the visa office ?

imu
if delay in your PPR is because of the VO itself then you don't need to worry about that ... if they are ready to issue PPR just a day before medical expiry they would do one of two things:

- extend validity of your medicals for a few more weeks and issue PPR
- ask you to take medicals again, once your re-medicals reach VO they would instantly issue PPR, because there would be no intermediate step left (like security checks etc)

so you can just keep checking your emails (or mail depending on how your VO issues PPRs)

Regarding how long to wait, it's unpredictable, could be one month, could be one year, could be more ... average is 2 to 3 months (as per qorax the captain)

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
imu said:
Dear

imu
worst case.... if they do not issue visa before medical expires... they will ask to re-do medical... sorry.. sounds horrible & too expensive... but wish u get visa soon enough...