Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
AO1 15-02-2017, AOR2 27-02-2017
So basically I am sponsoring my Filipina wife. We now have nearly all the documents, and forms filled, and will soon be ready to send our file to Mississauga.

The only thing that confuses me right now, is a quotation from the Medical requirements section pertaining to this, on the government website:

When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. Failure to submit proof that you completed the medical exam may result in processing delays.
But yet, when she contacts one of the few clinics/hospitals approved in the Philippines to pass these tests, she is told that they cannot deal with her until she has a case file (or barcode?) from the Canadian government.

It just seems contradictory to me. Or is it a generic statement, and access to these tests is tightened in some countries like the Philippines, due to instances of fraud?

If the former, do we wait until we receive some acknowledgement of reception from the government or some other form of communication that she can use to get access to these medical tests?

Also for those who went through this, how long did the tests take and how much did they cost?

I know she can go to Manila, to Cebu or to Davao for this. Any of these you can recommend?

akosilayla

Oct 23, 2015
MontrealPQ said:
So basically I am sponsoring my Filipina wife. We now have nearly all the documents, and forms filled, and will soon be ready to send our file to Mississauga.

The only thing that confuses me right now, is a quotation from the Medical requirements section pertaining to this, on the government website:

But yet, when she contacts one of the few clinics/hospitals approved in the Philippines to pass these tests, she is told that they cannot deal with her until she has a case file (or barcode?) from the Canadian government.

It just seems contradictory to me. Or is it a generic statement, and access to these tests is tightened in some countries like the Philippines, due to instances of fraud?

If the former, do we wait until we receive some acknowledgement of reception from the government or some other form of communication that she can use to get access to these medical tests?

Also for those who went through this, how long did the tests take and how much did they cost?

I know she can go to Manila, to Cebu or to Davao for this. Any of these you can recommend?
the medical results are sent electronically but the clinics/hospital will provide a confirmation letter and a tracking sheet that contains the bar code UMI Uxxxxxxxxxx. If I may add you can photocopy these docs and send them with your application. :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The country guide for the Philippines says to include the medical with the application.
Some categories of immigrants do have to wait for the Canadian government to request their medical. The receptionists, and actually often the doctors as well, are generally unfamiliar with the different types of immigration to Canada. They may be more used to dealing with the other types of immigration. You could print off a copy of the guide saying you need an upfront medical and show it to them.
The doctor should do the medical, then send the medical form to the correct office. The applicant should then get a form showing that the medical has been done, which you include in the application.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
MontrealPQ said:

It just seems contradictory to me. Or is it a generic statement, and access to these tests is tightened in some countries like the Philippines, due to instances of fraud

Hi,

She should clearly mention to receptionist it's UPFRONT. i did my medical there in Makati , and took me like 3-4 hrs. Cost P7500 .I had appointment set that time but they also entertain walk in.

Cheers!

bassix

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016; 7-12-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 10-09-2016: SA 14-09-2016: AOR2 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2017
You have to go to one of the Panel Physicians as determined by CIC.

Just look up the Philippines in the drop down list in the link below and it will give you a list of Physicians who do the upfront exam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

My wife went to the one in Cebu and had no issues and was given the letter with the bar code for CIC.

The cost I think was 10k.