waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Dears

I got an email form Canadian embassy London last week for Medical. I sent a mail to IOM MIgration Assessment Center and got following reply.

Dear Applicant,

For Appointment of Canadian Health assessment we need

· Passport No.
· Complete Name
· Date of Birth
· Contact Number
· Visa Category
· Location/City for Screening

Kind Regards,
MHD team

1). What type of medical tests do I need to undergo?
2). If I send the above required info, when will they give appointment for tests? I need to plan since some of my family members are out of town.

Regards

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
amfah12 said:
Dears

I got an email form Canadian embassy London last week for Medical. I sent a mail to IOM MIgration Assessment Center and got following reply.

Dear Applicant,

For Appointment of Canadian Health assessment we need

· Passport No.
· Complete Name
· Date of Birth
· Contact Number
· Visa Category
· Location/City for Screening

Kind Regards,
MHD team

1). What type of medical tests do I need to undergo?
2). If I send the above required info, when will they give appointment for tests? I need to plan since some of my family members are out of town.

Regards
I can answer your first question from the different posts I have read.

What is tested in the Medical:
1) urine analysis (protein, glucose and blood by dipstick—if blood positive, then microscopic report required) for applicants five years and over.
2) serological test for syphilis for applicants 15 years and over.
3) HIV testing for applicants 15 years of age and over, as well as for those children who have received blood or blood products, have a known HIV-positive mother, or have an identified risk. An ELISA HIV screening test should be done for HIV 1 and HIV 2.
4) serum creatinine if the applicant has hypertension (resting blood pressure greater than 140/90 mm Hg), a history of treated hypertension, diabetes, autoimmune disorder, persistent proteinuria, or kidney disorder.
5) chest X-ray - Primarily for T.B
6) Blood pressure check
7) Eye sight test
8) Physical examination test - Heart Beat, reflexes test etc. (everyone 2 years age +)
9) General communication with kids to check responses etc. (everyone 5 years age +)

Reactions: nadirakazi