Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
I would think it's really crazy to even talk abt virginity as part of the spousal application! Does not matter at all!

It could very well be an applican't second marriage and they could be committing marriage fraud! Besides I don't think it's CIC's business to find out if ur a virgin or not!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
brin said:
I would think it's really crazy to even talk abt virginity as part of the spousal application! Does not matter at all!

It could very well be an applican't second marriage and they could be committing marriage fraud! Besides I don't think it's CIC's business to find out if ur a virgin or not!
Well said!! and anyway even if the woman checked by a doctor was not virgin that would not mean that she had sex with the husband who sponsored her

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
for ex if the doctor will do the virginity exam,bear in mind that not only to your wife.After the exam, the dr will forget your wife...they examine a lot of people and that is thier job...

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
50% OFF Landing fee if wife is virgin? ;D
new rules? LOL
I did not qualify :p

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
mittens said:
the doctor that did our medicals expressed confusion as to why she had to measure our head circumference...
she knows of no medical reason for this to be necessary
i suggested it might be so we can be given a *welcome to canada hat* when we arrive :D
No,. it's to weed out those who have "swollen heads”, because they might place a heavy strain on Canada’s health-care system. :)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
toby said:
It seems there is considerable discretion on the doctor's part concerning what the medical exam will comprise.

To preclude improper examinations,why doesn't CIC print a description of the medical exam, and make it consistent in all countries. After all, the doctor works for Canada in these instances.
yes I can just imagine that doctor staring at the applicant's breasts..... ;D ;D ;D....I guess he invented this requirement on the spot.....
signed

a guy

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
when i took the med exam,the doctor ask me to chanhe my clothes to a gown.....but before he starts everything he called the nurse....as a witness.he touched my abdomen, my breast ,my knees...and thats it ...it takes 10 sec only......why if there is a virginity test...your wife will be afraid of it?

Reactions: Hustle

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Maybe its just me, and granted this is just how I would read into this, but the question regarding the virginity test seems like a big old red flag.

If your marriage is real, then your wife would not be a virgin because in all of history, I bet there is not one real marriage that was not consumated. If she was a virgin, that would to me seem suspicious of marriage fraud. Like she's saving herself for a future "real marriage".

If your concerned about this, I would suspect your marriage is likely not real. I don't know you, I'm just reading your post, so I could be very wrong. But if you expressed this concern to immigration, I suspect they would be suspicious as well!

If its a cultural concern about a doctor touching your wife in a private area, I'm sure there is a female doctor on the approved lists that could do the exam.

And I've never even heard of this being done. I can't imagine this being a immigration medical test. It just seems to personal and far out!!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SmoothiesQueen said:
Maybe its just me, and granted this is just how I would read into this, but the question regarding the virginity test seems like a big old red flag.

If your marriage is real, then your wife would not be a virgin because in all of history, I bet there is not one real marriage that was not consumated. If she was a virgin, that would to me seem suspicious of marriage fraud. Like she's saving herself for a future "real marriage".

If your concerned about this, I would suspect your marriage is likely not real. I don't know you, I'm just reading your post, so I could be very wrong. But if you expressed this concern to immigration, I suspect they would be suspicious as well!

If its a cultural concern about a doctor touching your wife in a private area, I'm sure there is a female doctor on the approved lists that could do the exam.

And I've never even heard of this being done. I can't imagine this being a immigration medical test. It just seems to personal and far out!!
Culture in some countries is incredibly different from the one we are used to. Maybe in the country where this person is from the virginity test is the 1 st thing they do and this person doesn't feel at ease with this.
Who knows?
Again, i repeat,I'm sure there is no virginity issue with Canada immigration, they are never going to check that, or require that, unless there is a hospital whose chief doctor is very interested in that woman for his own personal interest

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
Come on guys...
What if the applicant is a guy....? there is no such thing as CIC determining the validity of the marriage based on ur virginity!

Rediculous this is!!!

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This issue was in the paper recently.

The "virginity test" was common practice in the UK back in the 1970's, specifically for woman coming from India and Pakistan.

They were checking to see if the brides-to-be were virgins and had not had children before.

That was over 30 years ago. Maybe some other countries still do it, not Canada. You don't have to be a virgin to get married here. :D

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Doesn't this post just show what a lot of rubbish the medical exam is? I mean, reading from different posters on here, no one exam is the same. So what EXACTLY is the medical for? Because different countries examine different things. Surely, when it comes to immigration, there should be rules and guidlines for the examining doctor. Just goes to show everyone is out to make a tidy sum from us immigrants.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
SmoothiesQueen said:
I figured the original poster was a woman and was worried about having a gynecological exam - not because it might prove she was virgin or not, but simply because she wasn't comfortable with having this type of exam. I know I was very nervous before my immigration health checks for China and Taiwan precisely because I didn't want to have a gynecological exam done by some strange foreign doctor.

Judging from the replies so far, only a DMP from one country did a gynecological exam - the USA. There is more variation in what the DMPs do than I would have thought. Maybe the OP should ask people who have had the medical done in the same country as he/she will be having it, what exactly the exam entailed there.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
brin said:
Come on guys...
What if the applicant is a guy....? there is no such thing as CIC determining the validity of the marriage based on ur virginity!

Rediculous this is!!!
I second her. This is pathetic.. the is no way a physical exam would help DMP determine virginity ...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I'd be suspicious too. But what if the couple were elderly, for example? Just think it's more common than we think - people getting married just for companionship.
doctorkb said:
Regardless, in many religions, an unconsummated marriage can be annulled without disgrace to either party. If two people are married on paper, but haven't consummated their marriage, and if *I* were an IO (and had knowledge of the fact that the marriage had not been consummated), I'd be EXTRA suspicious of the legitimacy of the marriage.