cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
I wanted this info before my medicals. So some info for the benefit of ppl.

Made an appointment with DMP in Apollo clininc T Naga Chennai.

Make sure you have the 5 pp photos, and a digital copy of the same on a CD (not on a flash/ pen drive). Else there is a Meena photo studio nearby who would take a B/W pp photo and give the negative for Rs 100/ in 1 hr.

Be ready for a lot of paper work- several forms to be filled out.
Height, weight, vision and hearing test done by a nurse.
Then urine test
blood is drawn for the HIV/ VDRL test.
The doc then examines physically- it's quick also asks for ailments like diabetes hypertension, major surgeries, etc.
Checks BP, feels the lymph nodes- all done in 5- 10 min.
Then for the X- ray; this is what needs the negative or the digital pp photo. There was a long wait for us for the X ray, though it's done within seconds...

Need to have cash. Payment done at the counter for the lab tests and X ray and for the physical exam to the Dr.

We had 2 toddlers running riot in the lobby. Thankfully we had my MIL, niece and nephew taking good care of them as we ran around to get the negative since we did not have the digital images on a CD.

Toddlers have just a quick physical exam with height, weight and head circumference (they are 20 months old twins yet HC was taken). Once paper work was done and physical exam done for the kids, we had them taken home within an hour. We stayed on for another 2 hrs for all the tests. 3 hrs in all- not bad. was delayed only coz we didn't have negative or the digital image on CD.

best wishes,
cprak0

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
you said hearing test done by a nurse. How they do that?
could you please explain as no one ever wrote about it.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Hearing test? They ask us to stand about 10/15 feet away, (same distance as for the vision test) have one ear closed and ask us to repeat numbers/ letters the nurse whispers... then there is always a background noise, but quite audible even for our ear that has been used to hearing high decibel mac5 jets flying past our home.

best,
cprak0

shultrips

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KUALALUMPUR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-6-2010
hi
can you brief on how much they charged you?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Rs 2500 each for me and my wife and Rs 700 for our 20 month old infants

shultrips said:
hi
can you brief on how much they charged you?

sokhi2010

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st:09.04.2010 ; 2nd: 09.08.2010
IELTS Request
June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully waived!
Passport Req..
08.11.2012, Package submitted 04.01.2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi cprak0

Thanks for the info...

Could you just clarify...What kind of paper work? I hope nothing relating to our file that we need to carry.

Paper work..means relating to our health..whether we had any diseases? or other such medical history.

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
Hi cprak0,

In the eye test what r they checking?? I am having long distance vision problem and wear contact lens for that . will this be a problem??

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
just the usual stuff- name/ address/ DOB... and yes the file number but all this info on several forms along with of course the medical history information.
hope that helps...
cprak0
sokhi2010 said:
Hi cprak0

Thanks for the info...

Could you just clarify...What kind of paper work? I hope nothing relating to our file that we need to carry.

Paper work..means relating to our health..whether we had any diseases? or other such medical history.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
hi paramjit,
vision problems when corrected are not an issue as long as you can read with the contacts on it shouldn't be a problem. ok to let them know that u have contacts, they would any way when the doc checks for pupil dilation anyway.

good luck!

cprak0
paramjit said:
Hi cprak0,

In the eye test what r they checking?? I am having long distance vision problem and wear contact lens for that . will this be a problem??

lr4canada

Dec 18, 2010
Hello cprak0,

Have 3 questions on the medical exams in Chennai for which I seek your expert advise on the same.

1. What are the documents need to be carried for the medical exams apart from the photos and CD containing the digital copy of the photo?
2. If we do not have our passports on hand, can we carry any other identity proof like PAN card/Voter Card/Driving License etc?
3. Regarding photos, should we carry Indian Passport size photographs or Canadian Visa size photographs?

Please throw your inputs ASAP.

Thank you.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
lr4canada said:
Hello cprak0,

Have 3 questions on the medical exams in Chennai for which I seek your expert advise on the same.

1. What are the documents need to be carried for the medical exams apart from the photos and CD containing the digital copy of the photo?
2. If we do not have our passports on hand, can we carry any other identity proof like PAN card/Voter Card/Driving License etc?
3. Regarding photos, should we carry Indian Passport size photographs or Canadian Visa size photographs?

Please throw your inputs ASAP.

Thank you.
Hi lr4,
1 & 2. yes, original passports a must (not sure if they would make exceptions...); the original medical request letter of course- section A is filled out by the DMP and sent directly to the CHC along with the other sections.
3. Copies of the same pix sent for the PR visa is what we used. A mention of this is made in the instructions as well, if I remember right. But yes, any recent passport size pic is acceptable I would think, but why risk it, when getting a pp pic for Canadian visa is easy to get...

Hope this helps

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
cprak0 said:
Hearing test? They ask us to stand about 10/15 feet away, (same distance as for the vision test) have one ear closed and ask us to repeat numbers/ letters the nurse whispers... then there is always a background noise, but quite audible even for our ear that has been used to hearing high decibel mac5 jets flying past our home.

best,
cprak0
Cprak0,

I am asking this just in case anyone who has done medicals have an idea of what happens in a situation where you discover you,ve suffered a health condition in the past, which you did not mention in the application form(Background Declaration section)
If mentioned to the DMP, wouldn't it contradict your earlier declaration?. Please can anyone share his/her opinion on this?
THANKS.

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
i have undergone operation some 4yra back and shud i have to mention it or not. removal of gall bladder and GERD. i am not under any kind of medication or treatment now. shud i hide it or mention it. pls help. kindly reply

MANISHMEHTA

Jul 21, 2010
VADODARA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb-2010
Doc's Request.
mar-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
13/07/2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
25/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/13
LANDED..........
May'13
cprak0 said:
I wanted this info before my medicals. So some info for the benefit of ppl.

Made an appointment with DMP in Apollo clininc T Naga Chennai.

Make sure you have the 5 pp photos, and a digital copy of the same on a CD (not on a flash/ pen drive). Else there is a Meena photo studio nearby who would take a B/W pp photo and give the negative for Rs 100/ in 1 hr.

Be ready for a lot of paper work- several forms to be filled out.
Height, weight, vision and hearing test done by a nurse.
Then urine test
blood is drawn for the HIV/ VDRL test.
The doc then examines physically- it's quick also asks for ailments like diabetes hypertension, major surgeries, etc.
Checks BP, feels the lymph nodes- all done in 5- 10 min.
Then for the X- ray; this is what needs the negative or the digital pp photo. There was a long wait for us for the X ray, though it's done within seconds...

Need to have cash. Payment done at the counter for the lab tests and X ray and for the physical exam to the Dr.

We had 2 toddlers running riot in the lobby. Thankfully we had my MIL, niece and nephew taking good care of them as we ran around to get the negative since we did not have the digital images on a CD.

Toddlers have just a quick physical exam with height, weight and head circumference (they are 20 months old twins yet HC was taken). Once paper work was done and physical exam done for the kids, we had them taken home within an hour. We stayed on for another 2 hrs for all the tests. 3 hrs in all- not bad. was delayed only coz we didn't have negative or the digital image on CD.

best wishes,
cprak0

Are they going to take same test in any Apollo Hospital in India
Or method of taking is different at different location.
I am going for Medical In Apollo - Ahmedabad on Friday.
Manish

MANISHMEHTA

Jul 21, 2010
VADODARA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb-2010