+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test - Do they check for THC and will my application be denied ?

man_is_trying

Jan 18, 2010
Hi,

I smoked some pot(marijuana) 2 weeks ago, and have to go in for my medical test in 3 days time. :(
While I don't have any other health issues, I'm getting a bit paranoid that my application will be denied because of this.
Does anyone know if they check the urine for THC ?
Has anyone been in a similar situation, and still been able to successfully get their PR:Skilled Worker Class?

Thanks in advance.

man_is_trying :'(

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It appears from your post that you repent for drugs use. Hope you will not repeat it any more!!.

Now, about the medical, during the 'routine urine analysis' any indication about drug intake will not appear. If any investigation is necessary to detect drug use, a special test is to be done using different kind of re-agents. So, don't worry, your pot inhalation will not disqulify for the time being.

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
That being said the DMP does ask if you are using any addictive substances during your checkup...

man_is_trying

Jan 18, 2010
wilson said:
Hi,

It appears from your post that you repent for drugs use. Hope you will not repeat it any more!!.

Now, about the medical, during the 'routine urine analysis' any indication about drug intake will not appear. If any investigation is necessary to detect drug use, a special test is to be done using different kind of re-agents. So, don't worry, your pot inhalation will not disqulify for the time being.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I do regret it since I had not touched pot for over 3 years. I only occasionally smoked in college with friends.

~man_is_trying

t3rror_

May 22, 2011
They just do a dipstick test for blood, protein and glucose. They might do a micro-analysis depending on the results, but they are more focused on serious illnesses.

henrysmith78

Jun 28, 2011
CIC is looking for serious medical issues that could make you medically inadmissible to Canada, these are serious, chronic illnesses that would create a burden on the Canadian medical system. They should not be worried about a little pot.