+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test concerns

mrgladson84

May 31, 2015
Medicals - CIC has a list of empaneled clinics/hospitals where you need to get medical tests done.

The following basic tests and checks are carried out (If you have had any or have any medical conditions, you need to let them know and also carry any medical records that you have)
1. Blood
2. Urine
3. Chest X-Ray
4. Eye Sight
5. Blood Pressure
6. Height/Weight
7. Physical examination by physician

1. Blood - what kind of blood tests are required? please explain in detail
2. Urine - what kind of urine tests are required? please explain in detail
3. Chest X-Ray - what is the expected resultant to be like?
4. Eye Sight
5. Blood Pressure - any bench mark
6. Height/Weight - any bench mark.... is over weight an issue? I am 125 Kg
7. Physical examination by physician - what kind of examinations ?
8. i have fatty liver... is this going to be a problem ??

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll simply respond to the questions I may know the answers of.

1. They take a sample from your vein for Syphilis and HIV testing. The HIV test is super meticulous, the machine tests your blood for 12 hours or something.
2. To test the levels of blood, protein, and glucose in your urine.
3. It is expected that you are healthy. I don't know what other answer you may await from this question. I suppose no tuberculosis or any kind of tumor must be detected.
4. Corrected or non corrected vision, color blindness, etc.
5. No clue.
6. It's not an issue as far as it does not affect your overall health. I believe there is a limit but I don't remember the specific BMI. Such kind of questions have already been posed on this forum. Try to google it.
7. I believe it varies from center to center. A simple check: weight, height, stethoscope, etc.
8. No clue.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I would be worried about the BMI. My wife is overweight but well under obese. I know obesity leads to a whole list of ailments but being overweight doesn't mean someone is out of the woods.

yumika

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19 Dec, 2016
AOR Received.
06 Jan, 2017
For Blood Pressure the benchmark is 140/90. If it's over it they will ask for a few additional tests. I have hypertension and had told them about my medicines upfront; had to undergo ECG and Creatinine Blood Test. I have passed my medical.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
yumika said:
For Blood Pressure the benchmark is 140/90. If it's over it they will ask for a few additional tests. I have hypertension and had told them about my medicines upfront; had to undergo ECG and Creatinine Blood Test. I have passed my medical.
Do you have to pay extra for additional tests? The PP in my city charges £300 per person.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
xpressentry said:
Do you have to pay extra for additional tests? The PP in my city charges £300 per person.
Yes. They are usually £30-£100 depending on the test :(

thegh0sts

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
In March I was told that i had a non-alcoholic fatty liver and I am not sure if this will make me inadmissible.

My family doctor also tested me for Hep A, B, and C (because I have tattoos) - which came back negative.

Should I bring in my previous scans to the exam?

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
I'll simply respond to the questions I may know the answers of.

1. They take a sample from your vein for Syphilis and HIV testing. The HIV test is super meticulous, the machine tests your blood for 12 hours or something.
2. To test the levels of blood, protein, and glucose in your urine.
3. It is expected that you are healthy. I don't know what other answer you may await from this question. I suppose no tuberculosis or any kind of tumor must be detected.
4. Corrected or non corrected vision, color blindness, etc.
5. No clue.
6. It's not an issue as far as it does not affect your overall health. I believe there is a limit but I don't remember the specific BMI. Such kind of questions have already been posed on this forum. Try to google it.
7. I believe it varies from center to center. A simple check: weight, height, stethoscope, etc.
8. No clue.
I think they test Protein in blood as well, I read it somewhere.

Gallileo

Feb 5, 2020
In March I was told that i had a non-alcoholic fatty liver and I am not sure if this will make me inadmissible.

My family doctor also tested me for Hep A, B, and C (because I have tattoos) - which came back negative.

Should I bring in my previous scans to the exam?

How did this work out for you? I’m in a similar situation (tats and all) and trying to find out if it’ll mess up anything.