+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test - A scar in chest Xray

It'skaurkiran

Sep 15, 2021
you are replying to a post that is almost a decade old. You will likely require a sputum test and a second x-ray but as long as long as there is no TB or other issue you will be fine.
I have scars in my x ray and I have already given sputum test which is normal and now they want my x rays again .. what will happen now..please tell me

arunbaliyan

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
I have scars in my x ray and I have already given sputum test which is normal and now they want my x rays again .. what will happen now..please tell me
Hi, I am in the same boat. I gave sputum on 10 Dec for 8 weeks and the date for 2nd x-ray is 18 feb. I have also gone under chest CT scan which is normal. Would you like to share your status or any update plz?

ankitqw1

Oct 10, 2022
This is not true. They are not going to issue them with the VISA until a TEST is Negative.
The reason for this is:
Tuberculosis (abbreviated as TB for tubercle bacillus or Tuberculosis) is a common and often deadly infectious disease caused by mycobacteria, in humans mainly Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Tuberculosis usually attacks the lungs (as pulmonary TB) but can also affect the central nervous system, the lymphatic system, the circulatory system, the genitourinary system, the gastrointestinal system, bones, joints, and even the skin.

Tuberculosis is spread through the air, when people who have the disease cough, sneeze, or spit.

One of the primary aims of Medicals is to safeguard the Canadian Population and the spread of diseases.

I am afraid they will have to wait until cleared.
Applicants must get treatment and then they'll have to be re-tested to ensure that the TB is gone for good.
Hello,I did my tb test by giving sputum for 3 morning and re did my xray and I was clear I mean i dont have tb but there is scar in my chest due to pnemonia back in my childhood.Do i have to check for tb again or will that report work for canada?I did check if i have tb or not on june 2022.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,I did my tb test by giving sputum for 3 morning and re did my xray and I was clear I mean i dont have tb but there is scar in my chest due to pnemonia back in my childhood.Do i have to check for tb again or will that report work for canada?I did check if i have tb or not on june 2022.
Did you do so through the Canadian immigration medical test?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
They will cretainly take x-ray. Likely they will do septum test as well. You can inform them about your history of pnemonia. I am not a doctor so I do not know if scars from pnemonia look different from leisons from active TB.

Actually I did it through Australian immigration medical test however my Australian visa was refused and In the Canada website I saw we can bring a previous test report
Whats the reason for rejection, if I may ask?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually I did it through Australian immigration medical test however my Australian visa was refused and In the Canada website I saw we can bring a previous test report
You can try bring the recent chest x-rays/x-ray reports and Sputum culture report with you the medical. Canada will have the final say as to whether you have to repeat.

ankitqw1

Oct 10, 2022
They will cretainly take x-ray. Likely they will do septum test as well. You can inform them about your history of pnemonia. I am not a doctor so I do not know if scars from pnemonia look different from leisons from active TB.

Well If I have already done tb test and I am clear also the report is recent so why would they ask for sputum test again?

ankitqw1

Oct 10, 2022
You can try bring the recent chest x-rays/x-ray reports and Sputum culture report with you the medical. Canada will have the final say as to whether you have to repeat.
Yes I was also thinking same I will bnring xray from frist time and then of re xray and then the xray when i do medical for canada ,so if they see scar in same place and sputum report then its clear.

ankitqw1

Oct 10, 2022

it was based on financial ,actually I had poor finances at that time but this time for Canada I have prepared well and taken a good amount of loan so hope I get a visa this time.