+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
Hi!

May I ask if anyone had experienced medical surveillance? I had recently been approved and 4 days after I received a medical surveillance undertaking form IMM0535.

May I please ask what you did and how much it cost?

Thank you for those who will answer.

Reactions: aababuji

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi!

May I ask if anyone had experienced medical surveillance? I had recently been approved and 4 days after I received a medical surveillance undertaking form IMM0535.

Have you signed it and sent it back?
Which province are you currently residing?
So what happens next is your details will be passed on to province medical panel, they will call you, ask you some basic questions and fix up an appointment. You had to attend the appointment, go for further tests.
It will not cost anything if you have health card.

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
Have you signed it and sent it back?
Which province are you currently residing?
So what happens next is your details will be passed on to province medical panel, they will call you, ask you some basic questions and fix up an appointment. You had to attend the appointment, go for further tests.
It will not cost anything if you have health card.
Hello! Thanks so much for replying!

I haven't left my home country yet. I will be flying to Vancouver, BC in September as my intake will be on Oct. My aunt said MSP will kick in after 3 months. I wonder how that would go? May I ask what you did after landing and what will happen?

Thank you again ☺☺

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello! Thanks so much for replying!

I haven't left my home country yet. I will be flying to Vancouver, BC in September as my intake will be on Oct. My aunt said MSP will kick in after 3 months. I wonder how that would go? May I ask what you did after landing and what will happen?

Thank you again ☺☺
I am inland. Show it to the immigration along with other paperwork, once you settle in send your address to IRCC and they will pass on your details to the respective province and they will call you.

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
I am inland. Show it to the immigration along with other paperwork, once you settle in send your address to IRCC and they will pass on your details to the respective province and they will call you.
Ahh, I see. When you say send my address to IRCC, is it in my gckey? Or the immigration officer will tell me about this when I land?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ahh, I see. When you say send my address to IRCC, is it in my gckey? Or the immigration officer will tell me about this when I land?
Remember the medical surveillance email, in that email there will be an address in blue about sending your residential address when in Canada, look thoroughly in it. Also ask the officer.

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
Remember the medical surveillance email, in that email there will be an address in blue about sending your residential address when in Canada, look thoroughly in it. Also ask the officer.
Hmm, I didn't receive an email but rather through my gckey. There's a field where the officer might ask me to update my address in Canada. I guess, that might be it. I will definitely ask for the next steps.

Thank you so much for providing me insight about this! Greatly appreciated. :)

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hmm, I didn't receive an email but rather through my gckey. There's a field where the officer might ask me to update my address in Canada. I guess, that might be it. I will definitely ask for the next steps.

Thank you so much for providing me insight about this! Greatly appreciated. :)
Yes it could be the case, anyways you had to do that as well for PR card also. You are very welcome. Enjoy!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi!

1. No cost. Once you reach Canada you have to inform the Local Health Authority of your address (if CBSA doesn't) and they contact you as to what is required. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/medical-surveillance.html

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ohhh, I see. Thank you for the heads up! Have a good one! ☺
You are very welcome.
Ok so I was looking and this is what I found:

"If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Please include your full name and UCI number."

vee26

Jun 2, 2022

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
You are very welcome.
Ok so I was looking and this is what I found:

"If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Please include your full name and UCI number."
Again, thanks! You've done more than enough. I will save this for future references :)

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Hi!

Hi dear, I am outland spouse, received MED.surveillance undertaking IMM0535 under my GC key. Can you guide me, do I need to sign that on my arrival here or what? Who to handover? Thank you!