+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance undertaking - COPR approved? Visit to Canada possible?

Pioneerboy

Jun 6, 2019
Hello,

Sponsoring my wife for PR in Canada. Currently living abroad.
She received request for Medical surveillance undertaking upon landing in Canada. 2.02 although doctors here said she does not have TB even after monitoring and going back to clinic several time. (she also has no history of having such)

My questions are :

Did we receive approval for PR, or not yet?

We don't plan to transfer permanently to Canada until 2020, and have one week vacation to Canada planned in July 2019. Can we complete this medical surveillance later when we permanently transfer in 2020? What is the implication if we don't complete in July 2019 ? Is it better for my wife to not go to Canada for vacation in July 2019?

See below for status. It doesn't say PR has been granted, so I wonder if approval will only come medcial monitoring in Canada is completed? ! Confused?!

Client Application Status - Decision Made
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on XXX, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on XXX, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on XXX, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on XXXX, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No. It just means they've reviewed the medicals and if she is approved for PR, she will have to do medical surveillance.

Also, the dates on your statuses aren't super personal information and could actually help us guide you on your timeline (ie, how close you are to 12 month processing, etc.)

shimon0505004

Jan 11, 2020
Hi Pioneerboy,

I just received my COPR notice today, and also received a medical surveillance undertaking for my wife upon landing in Canada. Like you, my wife's S code is 2.02. Doctors here said she does not have TB (and she has no history of having such).

Did you do the soft landing and came back? We are also planning to land for a week on May 2020 (and return permanently on Aug 2021) and come back.

Can you share with me what you did?

Hello,

Sponsoring my wife for PR in Canada. Currently living abroad.
She received request for Medical surveillance undertaking upon landing in Canada. 2.02 although doctors here said she does not have TB even after monitoring and going back to clinic several time. (she also has no history of having such)

My questions are :

Did we receive approval for PR, or not yet?

We don't plan to transfer permanently to Canada until 2020, and have one week vacation to Canada planned in July 2019. Can we complete this medical surveillance later when we permanently transfer in 2020? What is the implication if we don't complete in July 2019 ? Is it better for my wife to not go to Canada for vacation in July 2019?

See below for status. It doesn't say PR has been granted, so I wonder if approval will only come medcial monitoring in Canada is completed? ! Confused?!

Client Application Status - Decision Made
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on XXX, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on XXX, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on XXX, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on XXXX, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.