+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance notice & medical surveillance undertaking

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I am already in Canada but applied for a work permit for outside Canada. I had a scar in my X-ray which I'd done a medical follow-up previously when I arrived with Provincial Health Authority. Now I applied for work permit and passed medical but they sent me a medical surveillance undertaking (normal and acceptable because of previous condition) and a medical surveillance notice.

What does the medical surveillance notice imply? Is this a sign it has been approved?
It's been 2 weeks now since I received.
I applied only, and I'd like folks with similar experiences like myself to share them with me, as I don't know how much longer I have to wait.

PS. I know what a medical surveillance undertaking is, I'd done it before when I first arrived Canada.

Reactions: prasad003

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I am already in Canada but applied for a work permit for outside Canada. I had a scar in my X-ray which I'd done a medical follow-up previously when I arrived with Provincial Health Authority. Now I applied for work permit and passed medical but they sent me a medical surveillance undertaking (normal and acceptable because of previous condition) and a medical surveillance notice.

What does the medical surveillance notice imply? Is this a sign it has been approved?
It's been 2 weeks now since I received.
I applied only, and I'd like folks with similar experiences like myself to share them with me, as I don't know how much longer I have to wait.

PS. I know what a medical surveillance undertaking is, I'd done it before when I first arrived Canada.
hi zeguy i got medical surveillance too which i have to complete when come to canada can you tell me about your experience when you took your medical surveillance when you arrive canada

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
hi zeguy i got medical surveillance too which i have to complete when come to canada can you tell me about your experience when you took your medical surveillance when you arrive canada
Hi prasad003 it was fairly straightforward. I was given a form by an immigration officer at the port of entry when I first arrived. It had instructions on how to contact the Provincial Medical facilities with every detail you'll need. It's important you contact them, and they'll send you mail by post to the Canadian address you'll provide. Once you start your treatment and complete it (it took me about 8 months; from when I first contacted them, to my first appointment and providing samples and taking treatment and taking last final exams before being cleared), make sure you have them notify immigration. In my case I have a TB scar which NEVER HEALS, so it'll still appear in subsequent medical exams. My second application for a work permit, they confirmed I had complied and would only be contacted by provincial medical facility IF NEEDED. AND THAT I HAVE NOTHING OR NO ACTION TO DO.
Hope I answered your question on congrats on your new journey. You'll love it here.

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi prasad003 it was fairly straightforward. I was given a form by an immigration officer at the port of entry when I first arrived. It had instructions on how to contact the Provincial Medical facilities with every detail you'll need. It's important you contact them, and they'll send you mail by post to the Canadian address you'll provide. Once you start your treatment and complete it (it took me about 8 months; from when I first contacted them, to my first appointment and providing samples and taking treatment and taking last final exams before being cleared), make sure you have them notify immigration. In my case I have a TB scar which NEVER HEALS, so it'll still appear in subsequent medical exams. My second application for a work permit, they confirmed I had complied and would only be contacted by provincial medical facility IF NEEDED. AND THAT I HAVE NOTHING OR NO ACTION TO DO.
Hope I answered your question on congrats on your new journey. You'll love it here.
Thank you so much zeguy993 for the detailed information i want to know how much money you spend on this whole process and i got visa of 7 month so can i extent my visa if my medical condition take 8 months

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
Thank you so much zeguy993 for the detailed information i want to know how much money you spend on this whole process and i got visa of 7 month so can i extent my visa if my medical condition take 8 months
You don't spend a $, I spent nothing, Your process can take less than 8 months, depends if you get appointment dates that are really close.
You can mention it to the nurses/doctors that you have 7month long visa and would like to finish the process before it expires.
I'll recommend you sign up for MSP immediately or a couple of days after landing. Once you get MSP, it covers costs like X-Ray scan (in my case) and you don't get to pay.
Please note that my MSP finally came through after 3 months. They'll also ask for that at the medical facility. From my experience, after I contacted them, it took like 2-3 months to get my first appointment. If you applied for MSP immediately, it'll be ready before your first appointment date.
Note that there's gonna be an added cost on MSP for international students, 75$/Month as of Jan 1st 2020.
Please check official website for detail info, I can only share my experiences but it's not an official point of reference.

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
You don't spend a $, I spent nothing, Your process can take less than 8 months, depends if you get appointment dates that are really close.
You can mention it to the nurses/doctors that you have 7month long visa and would like to finish the process before it expires.
I'll recommend you sign up for MSP immediately or a couple of days after landing. Once you get MSP, it covers costs like X-Ray scan (in my case) and you don't get to pay.
Please note that my MSP finally came through after 3 months. They'll also ask for that at the medical facility. From my experience, after I contacted them, it took like 2-3 months to get my first appointment. If you applied for MSP immediately, it'll be ready before your first appointment date.
Note that there's gonna be an added cost on MSP for international students, 75$/Month as of Jan 1st 2020.
Please check official website for detail info, I can only share my experiences but it's not an official point of reference.
Thanks you so much again zeguy993 for the information but i have medical insurance which is included in my college fees so do i have to take MSP AND IN ADVANCE again

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Hello brother are you PR now? My situation is also like yours. Can you tell me please will i also get work permit and job (with or without medical exam ). I believe most of the employers will not hire me because of medical issue. Im so scared now . And planning to quit this dream.