+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance Experience

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi thanks for sharing. May I ask whether you received your PR card now? And did you inform CIC as well before you returned home? Did you mention to the POE that you could stay for only 2 weeks upon your soft landing? Thanks so much for your kind help!
Yes informing before leaving country is must. There is no need to volunteer information that you are no asked for so no problem with soft landing.

CXMX

Aug 6, 2019
Yes informing before leaving country is must. There is no need to volunteer information that you are no asked for so no problem with soft landing.
Thank you so much. So you received PR card without completing the medical surveillance, right? Did you receive the PR card during your soft landing or you have your friend to bring the card back to you? Thanks a lot!

M1991

Jun 15, 2018
Hi,
Firstly, I want to thank you for helping immigrants like us. You are really doing a good job
I am facing a same problem like you did. I came to Canada on 24th Aug, 2019 and will be leaving the country on 31st August, 2019. I am required to undertake medical surveillance within 30 days. When I talked to the nurse in public health department, he said to me that if I don’t complete my medical surveillance before going back then he will mark it as incomplete and it’s my responsibility to answer immigration department when I come back to Canada that why didn’t I complete my test?
I am not sure whether I will be able complete the test in 5 days and if not, is it a problem while coming back? What should I tell immigration department?
And do I have to inform CIC that I am going back? If yes, then how?
I am really tensed and need your help desperately. Please reply as soon as possible.
Also, is there anyway where I contact you and talk to you on phone?

Tharen

Apr 25, 2015
Hi. My wife had similar issue and we soft landed for a week. We were residing in Mississauga and called the immigration nurse the day after we landed. She talked to my wife regarding her condition over the call and sent a few docs through email within an hour. Taking printout of the forms, we visited The Queen walkin clinic in Creditview rd, Mississauga on the same day.

The staff and doctor were very friendly and clarified all our queries. Then the doctor wanted my wife to undego a skin test (since it was requested in the form) and take a xrays in a nearby facility. We revisited the clinic after 48 hrs and the reports were ready. The doctor filled the form, sent fax to the immigration nurse and handed over the copies to us. We completed the process within 3 days after landing. The entire process including doctor fee and xray cost $185. Hope this helps.
I'm under the same situation and the clinic you mentioned above closer to me. Can you pls share the Doctor's name so that it would be easier for me to go through the same doctor. thank you

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019
Hello i got my medical surveiilance form called imm form with my visa and i forgot to show it at the port of entry.they had to fill it.i dont know what to do now.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello i got my medical surveiilance form called imm form with my visa and i forgot to show it at the port of entry.they had to fill it.i dont know what to do now.
Call number on the form or call health services in your city and inform them of same. They will give you further instructions.

Kalvy

Apr 19, 2016
Hi. I returned this week after soft landing. Called the Health region of the area i was residing and sent them the Medical Surveillance form which i received from Immigration Officer at Toronto Airport. They emailed me couple of forms some days later which i had to take to the doctor. They said i can get the procedure done now at my own expense (Doctor Fee and Xrays cost about $180. More if other tests needed) or wait for three months before initiating the process so that the cost will be covered under OHIP. If i choose to leave the country, i just need to call them before i leave so they can make a note in my file and then contact them again when i am back. I chose the last option.

On my question to the TB nurse regarding the potential negative impact of it on my immigration file. She replied.

"It's totally legal. Your responsibility was to report us within 30 days of landing which you did. Now If you don't return within six months after landing, we will close your file and inform IRCC that you have left the country. On return, the airport officials might ask you that you didn't complete the medical surveillance. They will provide you forms again and you will have to contact us again once you move here permanently. The process lasts for atleast six months or more depending on evaluation by the doctor and the number of follow up visits and tests. It's best for you to defer it until you return as all your costs will be covered under OHIP and you can get the procedure completed with ease"

The response was satisfying for me and i returned happily two weeks post landing.

Good Luck!

Hi I am in the same situation. Can you please update if you faced any problem with immigration officer when you entered Canada second time?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi I am in the same situation. Can you please update if you faced any problem with immigration officer when you entered Canada second time?
Hi. No i wasn't asked any questions when i visited second time. I came here in June 2019 after soft landing, reported to health authority again and they sent me a letter and asked to do tests once i am eligible for OHIP in September. I left the country again for a one week vacation and did the procedure after returning. No questions asked by anyone.

Lili90

Apr 2, 2020
My mother received a medical surveillance befor the PR approval . Could you please explain , and she is already in canada now and the pr application shows in prosess

Harman Pasricha

Jun 1, 2017
Hi. I returned this week after soft landing. Called the Health region of the area i was residing and sent them the Medical Surveillance form which i received from Immigration Officer at Toronto Airport. They emailed me couple of forms some days later which i had to take to the doctor. They said i can get the procedure done now at my own expense (Doctor Fee and Xrays cost about $180. More if other tests needed) or wait for three months before initiating the process so that the cost will be covered under OHIP. If i choose to leave the country, i just need to call them before i leave so they can make a note in my file and then contact them again when i am back. I chose the last option.

On my question to the TB nurse regarding the potential negative impact of it on my immigration file. She replied.

"It's totally legal. Your responsibility was to report us within 30 days of landing which you did. Now If you don't return within six months after landing, we will close your file and inform IRCC that you have left the country. On return, the airport officials might ask you that you didn't complete the medical surveillance. They will provide you forms again and you will have to contact us again once you move here permanently. The process lasts for atleast six months or more depending on evaluation by the doctor and the number of follow up visits and tests. It's best for you to defer it until you return as all your costs will be covered under OHIP and you can get the procedure completed with ease"

The response was satisfying for me and i returned happily two weeks post landing.

Good Luck!
Hi.. I am reading ur msg today.. Actually I just want to ask one question.. Is this a legal move to defer your surveillance test till u get medical coverage from province.. I am also planning soft landing in Saskatchewan.. Worried about my wife's medical surveillance cost..

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hi
Can someone help me out.
During my study permit, i was given medical surveillance notice. I have completed that after landing. Now i have applied for my pgwp(post graduate work permit), do i need to get a medical test again?
Can someone answer this?

fivemail

Apr 22, 2022
Hi.. I am reading ur msg today.. Actually I just want to ask one question.. Is this a legal move to defer your surveillance test till u get medical coverage from province.. I am also planning soft landing in Saskatchewan.. Worried about my wife's medical surveillance cost..
Hi! How did the medical surveillance go? Is it a fast process upon landing?

fivemail

Apr 22, 2022
It is a 6 months process. The intial call for appointment depends upon the provincial availability.
Thanks for your reply Taran. Was wondering how long it took Harman in Saskatchewan. How many months from landing did it take you to get the call? Did you really wait till Dec?