+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance Experience

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR today and it mentions 2.02 medical surveillance because of Inactive TB.

The issue is that i will be only landing for 2 weeks and not sure whether i will get an appointment in that time. Any recent experiences on Medical Surveillance?

I am worried if it may impact my PR status if i don't complete the procedure in my first landing. I can only travel for two weeks and plan to settle permanently next year.

Can someone experienced medical surveillance please shed some light on it?

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR today and it mentions 2.02 medical surveillance because of Inactive TB.

The issue is that i will be only landing for 2 weeks and not sure whether i will get an appointment in that time. Any recent experiences on Medical Surveillance?

I am worried if it may impact my PR status if i don't complete the procedure in my first landing. I can only travel for two weeks and plan to settle permanently next year.

Can someone experienced medical surveillance please shed some light on it?
Hi, Were you able to complete surveillance within 2 weeks post landing?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Great. Have you figured out how to go about the surveillance process? Good luck!
Hi. I returned this week after soft landing. Called the Health region of the area i was residing and sent them the Medical Surveillance form which i received from Immigration Officer at Toronto Airport. They emailed me couple of forms some days later which i had to take to the doctor. They said i can get the procedure done now at my own expense (Doctor Fee and Xrays cost about $180. More if other tests needed) or wait for three months before initiating the process so that the cost will be covered under OHIP. If i choose to leave the country, i just need to call them before i leave so they can make a note in my file and then contact them again when i am back. I chose the last option.

On my question to the TB nurse regarding the potential negative impact of it on my immigration file. She replied.

"It's totally legal. Your responsibility was to report us within 30 days of landing which you did. Now If you don't return within six months after landing, we will close your file and inform IRCC that you have left the country. On return, the airport officials might ask you that you didn't complete the medical surveillance. They will provide you forms again and you will have to contact us again once you move here permanently. The process lasts for atleast six months or more depending on evaluation by the doctor and the number of follow up visits and tests. It's best for you to defer it until you return as all your costs will be covered under OHIP and you can get the procedure completed with ease"

The response was satisfying for me and i returned happily two weeks post landing.

Good Luck!

Bharath0407

Feb 17, 2018
Hi. My wife had similar issue and we soft landed for a week. We were residing in Mississauga and called the immigration nurse the day after we landed. She talked to my wife regarding her condition over the call and sent a few docs through email within an hour. Taking printout of the forms, we visited The Queen walkin clinic in Creditview rd, Mississauga on the same day.

The staff and doctor were very friendly and clarified all our queries. Then the doctor wanted my wife to undego a skin test (since it was requested in the form) and take a xrays in a nearby facility. We revisited the clinic after 48 hrs and the reports were ready. The doctor filled the form, sent fax to the immigration nurse and handed over the copies to us. We completed the process within 3 days after landing. The entire process including doctor fee and xray cost $185. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawal3 and mithi678

Mmyenger

Apr 23, 2019
Hello,.

Is it normal to receive medical surveillance before passport request?
I received it about 10 days back and i am yet to receive passport request

Tharen

Apr 25, 2015
Hi. My wife had similar issue and we soft landed for a week. We were residing in Mississauga and called the immigration nurse the day after we landed. She talked to my wife regarding her condition over the call and sent a few docs through email within an hour. Taking printout of the forms, we visited The Queen walkin clinic in Creditview rd, Mississauga on the same day.

The staff and doctor were very friendly and clarified all our queries. Then the doctor wanted my wife to undego a skin test (since it was requested in the form) and take a xrays in a nearby facility. We revisited the clinic after 48 hrs and the reports were ready. The doctor filled the form, sent fax to the immigration nurse and handed over the copies to us. We completed the process within 3 days after landing. The entire process including doctor fee and xray cost $185. Hope this helps.

Tharen

Apr 25, 2015
Hi there,
Need to do the same and would you mind telling me the name of the doctor who had performed your check-up and the contact number of the clinic.
Thanks in advance

Tharen

Apr 25, 2015
Hi there,
Need to do the same and would you mind telling me the name of the doctor who had performed your check-up and the contact number of the clinic.
Thanks in advance

Satyas991

Feb 9, 2018
Hi. I returned this week after soft landing. Called the Health region of the area i was residing and sent them the Medical Surveillance form which i received from Immigration Officer at Toronto Airport. They emailed me couple of forms some days later which i had to take to the doctor. They said i can get the procedure done now at my own expense (Doctor Fee and Xrays cost about $180. More if other tests needed) or wait for three months before initiating the process so that the cost will be covered under OHIP. If i choose to leave the country, i just need to call them before i leave so they can make a note in my file and then contact them again when i am back. I chose the last option.

On my question to the TB nurse regarding the potential negative impact of it on my immigration file. She replied.

"It's totally legal. Your responsibility was to report us within 30 days of landing which you did. Now If you don't return within six months after landing, we will close your file and inform IRCC that you have left the country. On return, the airport officials might ask you that you didn't complete the medical surveillance. They will provide you forms again and you will have to contact us again once you move here permanently. The process lasts for atleast six months or more depending on evaluation by the doctor and the number of follow up visits and tests. It's best for you to defer it until you return as all your costs will be covered under OHIP and you can get the procedure completed with ease"

The response was satisfying for me and i returned happily two weeks post landing.

Good Luck!
Hi,

Our's is the same case. We will be doing soft landing in a week's time and will return after 2 weeks.
They have given the phone numbers to reach them out of each province for medical surveillance . Do we need to call them on one of those numbers or can we directly go the region's health center directly? How do we know the health center's location where of our landing.

Satyas991

Feb 9, 2018

Hi,

Our's is the same case. We will be doing soft landing in a week's time and will return after 2 weeks.
They have given the phone numbers to reach them out of each province for medical surveillance . Do we need to call them on one of those numbers or can we directly go the region's health center directly? How did you come to know that you need to head to The Queen walkin clinic in Creditview rd, Mississauga ? Did they tell you? or is there any website to find the same?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi,

They have given the phone numbers to reach them out of each province for medical surveillance . Do we need to call them on one of those numbers or can we directly go the region's health center directly? How do we know the health center's location where of our landing.
Call the health authority helpline number. they will give you contact of your local center. Just call them that you are calling to report. They will interview on phone for 10-15 minutes and inform them that you will be leaving country. Then call them one day before leaving to inform them. When you return, contact them again and they will send you forms. Not a big issue.

CXMX

Aug 6, 2019
Call the health authority helpline number. they will give you contact of your local center. Just call them that you are calling to report. They will interview on phone for 10-15 minutes and inform them that you will be leaving country. Then call them one day before leaving to inform them. When you return, contact them again and they will send you forms. Not a big issue.
Hi thanks for sharing. May I ask whether you received your PR card now? And did you inform CIC as well before you returned home? Did you mention to the POE that you could stay for only 2 weeks upon your soft landing? Thanks so much for your kind help!