+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance before or after Landing?

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Hi all, my PR application is still in process, and I got a notice of Medical Surveillance from IRCC, and also a letter from the hospital told me to make an appointment with them. My question is, do I need to comply this request to get my PR? or I can do it after Landing? I am currently in Canada, below is the Email I received from IRCC.
Thank you !!

:)

Good day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important request.

Kind regards,

CB7413

The Public Health Liaison Unit / Unité de liaison avec la santé publique

Migration Health Branch / Direction générale Migration et Santé

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada