+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical - STD

bunny22

Oct 11, 2020
Urgent!

If someone applies for a PR express entry and the medical is approved. But during the processing they contract an STD like chlamydia or gonorrhea. Do they have to inform that to IRCC? Same question for syphilis and HIV? Also what are the chances of rejection in cases when the STD is caught at an early stage.

Thanks in advance for replying. Any educated response is greatly appreciated!!

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Well you already passed your medical. I guess it is your choice to either notify IRCC or not about the disease you contracted

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
That's true, because personally I would of notify them especially if it was a incurable disease. I am guessing if you notify them you have chlamydia they would ask you do redo medical after you finish treatment. I am just guessing but its up to you.

sammy.17

Oct 12, 2020
I think chlamydia and gonorrhea are treatable if caught early. Even syphilis is curable at early stages. In my opinon, even if you disclose it shouldn't be an issue. But I would advise you to get yourself treated right away and then you can attach the proof of treatment as well. I saw a guy on another thread who had early syphilis, got treated, and got the pr as well.

Thats just my opnion. Seniors, please share your knowledge/experience.

sammy.17

Oct 12, 2020
Not telling IRCC could also cause misrepresentation, not sure about that though. Seniors, please shed some light on this.

sammy.17

Oct 12, 2020
Another point, these are all reportable diseases so a report is sent to Health Canada/provincial health department if someone is positive for any of them. Not sure if IRCC also gets a report.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Another point, these are all reportable diseases so a report is sent to Health Canada/provincial health department if someone is positive for any of them. Not sure if IRCC also gets a report.
Would only report longterm changes in your health. If your STI has been cured with a short course of antibiotics it isn't necessary to report. If you contract HIV, treatment resistant chlamydia or gonorrhea then yes you must contact CIC via webform to update your health status.