+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical status "Review in progress"

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi, is it true that when medical status changes from not needed to "Review in progress" rather than being passed straight away, this indicates that the file has been designated for in-depth review, which can take 3 months to complete?

Is it possible to contact CIC via email to query what's happening with the medical review and whether they need any further medical information? What is the appropriate email address for this?

The medical centre in question will only confirm that tests were completed and sent to CIC. I declared a surgery a long time back (common sports injury)- all normal, but the physician didn't want to see any reports "No, no, it's not required". The surgery is not a problem in itself but I'm concerned that my file will needlessly get delayed or drag along for months unless I'm proactive about it.

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
av said:
what is meaning on medical not required
Your medical results are yet to be assessed by CIC, when they eventually do it will change to pass if there are no issues

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
DRWOU said:
Your medical results are yet to be assessed by CIC, when they eventually do it will change to pass if there are no issues
I was told by medical centre, if there is any problem, we will contact you for further investigation. Otherwise we will upload your medical reports to system.

As Doctor asked me to repeat the xray and advised to take xray of right side as well. I was worried, my xray report looks fine, why they asked for repeat xray.

Medical centre didn't call me , I assumed all went well. They didn't received my call.

Anyone experienced same.

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Yes eventually passed. No issues.
Even I had a similar issue, wherein on 26 June, my Medical status was in 'Passed' state whereas later in the day, the medical status went to 'Review in Progress'

Previous status:-

Current status:-

I am worried about this medical status change and I hope it doesn't cause any complications in my application.

mikeshiller

Feb 28, 2017
Even I had a similar issue, wherein on 26 June, my Medical status was in 'Passed' state whereas later in the day, the medical status went to 'Review in Progress'

Previous status:-

Current status:-

I am worried about this medical status change and I hope it doesn't cause any complications in my application.
Hey Nevik, did you get any update? mine is same case. Thanks in advance.

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Hey Nevik, did you get any update? mine is same case. Thanks in advance.
Medicals went back to Passed state in 1 week.. I have read some other forums/blogs wherein it took close to 1 month extra for the Medical status to revert back to Passed...

Reactions: Sandhusarwar

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, is it true that when medical status changes from not needed to "Review in progress" rather than being passed straight away, this indicates that the file has been designated for in-depth review, which can take 3 months to complete?

Is it possible to contact CIC via email to query what's happening with the medical review and whether they need any further medical information? What is the appropriate email address for this?

The medical centre in question will only confirm that tests were completed and sent to CIC. I declared a surgery a long time back (common sports injury)- all normal, but the physician didn't want to see any reports "No, no, it's not required". The surgery is not a problem in itself but I'm concerned that my file will needlessly get delayed or drag along for months unless I'm proactive about it.
Did it take 3 months for them to do your medical review?