+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical status not updated - Non SDS

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hello guys,

I have applied for Student Permit with SOPW. I am very confused regarding my application status. Below is my Timeline:

Application date: 29th March 2021
Biometrics: 2nd April 2021
Eligibility started: 2nd May 2021
Eligibility Reverted: 10th May 2021
Eligibility Started again: 16th May 2021
Medical Request for both (SP and SOPW): 19th May 2021
Medical Done on 12th June 2021 (Due to massive number of applicants, got the late appointment)

Since then its been 5 days and there is no update in my profile, it still shows "Your action is required". My concern is if the status does not update in the next 3 days, my 30 days time period will be over for medicals, should I wait for the status to update or contact IRCC about the status?

PS: I have tried to contact my Panel Physician through email(which is the only way here), but haven't got the response from them till now. I am really confused about this.

Also can someone tell me if it is a good sign that we get Medical Request in Non-SDS application. I am hopeful that we are going in a right direction.

Thank you in advance.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Nothing weird about your status. They just have not gotten to your file yet to process and update your medicals. The 30 day deadline was for your to submit your medicals. You have already done that so no need to worry.

Getting medical request (if it's not a re-medical) is usually seen as a positive sign, yes.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Nothing weird about your status. They just have not gotten to your file yet to process and update your medicals. The 30 day deadline was for your to submit your medicals. You have already done that so no need to worry.

Getting medical request (if it's not a re-medical) is usually seen as a positive sign, yes.
Thanks for the response,

Oh then I hope they start working on my profile soon. I have seen people getting there medical passed within 5 days of completing there medicals, that's what caught my attention and I feel a bit uneasy about my status.

Yes I have received the medical request from the immigration officer, not done the upfront medical and it is not the re-medical as well.

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Thanks for the response,

Oh then I hope they start working on my profile soon. I have seen people getting there medical passed within 5 days of completing there medicals, that's what caught my attention and I feel a bit uneasy about my status.

Yes I have received the medical request from the immigration officer, not done the upfront medical and it is not the re-medical as well.
you’re from what country? if you’re from the Phils, it’s just a standard procedure, they don’t start processing your application without a medical and pcc

Reactions: wonderbly

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
you’re from what country? if you’re from the Phils, it’s just a standard procedure, they don’t start processing your application without a medical and pcc
I am from Pakistan. My application process is already started, its just my medicals status is not updating after I have done with my medicals. I was concern regarding 30 days time period for medicals which will be finish in the next 3 days, what if my status is not update till then and GOD knows what happened to my application.

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
I am from Pakistan. My application process is already started, its just my medicals status is not updating after I have done with my medicals. I was concern regarding 30 days time period for medicals which will be finish in the next 3 days, what if my status is not update till then and GOD knows what happened to my application.
Didn’t the clinic provide you a form? Send that via webform.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
They haven't given me any form, at the end of the test they told me that they will directly send the reports to IRCC, and we don't have to anything further.
You didn't get any form because your exam was not Upfront (UMI) instead it was requested (IME). However, you can still get a copy of your report from your physician. Just call/email them and ask them to send you a copy. At least that way you can be sure you passed.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
You didn't get any form because your exam was not Upfront (UMI) instead it was requested (IME). However, you can still get a copy of your report from your physician. Just call/email them and ask them to send you a copy. At least that way you can be sure you passed.
Yeah absolutely that is the case. I have emailed them but haven't got respond yet. The only way to communicate them is email. Which is really frustrating as they don't reply early.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Got the update from the panel physicians, they have uploaded my medical exam in EMedicals, Now have to wait for the VO to update my status in the application.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Pakistan has started getting results. I also saw some more on Saturday even!! Lets hope India joins the club and then we too can rejoice. :)
True.. I guess they are working on weekends as well, mine was updated on Saturday. Yes I am hopeful they will start giving out results for Indian Students as well, things are getting back to normal slowly but surely.

In which University you have applied?