+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Stage of Application

UK_applicant

Feb 18, 2010
Hi All

New to the forum and have tried to find the answer to the question below but failed!

Hence apologise upfront if it has been answered.

We are based in the Uk and have just received a letter from Canadian High Commission instructing us (myself and family) to have our medicals done.

I have not received any correspondance about interview or if any documents are missing. I did make every effort to deliver all the required documents first time round.

Can I assume at this stage the following:

1) Interview is not going happen
2) All documents are in order

I am basing the above on the assumption that is they wanted to interview me they would have done that prior to the medical and if any documents were missing they would have written to me earlier.

Secondly, (from what i have read) the visa expiry is 12 months from the medical date and if they wanted to do the interview that could take an additional 6 months to process the application.

I hope the experts on this forum will be able to correct my assumption if wrong or confirm the assumptions are correct.

Many thanks for all responses in advance.

Best Regards.

Curious

rustysaucepan

Feb 16, 2010
I understand that it is very unlikely that you will be asked to do an interview once you have being called for a medical, but I'm sure exceptions may exist. I am in the same situation and was advised that an interview at this stage is extremely unlikely. Best of luck!

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
I also received my medical papers recently, and I was advised by my consulltant that an interview at this stage is unlikely. Although, It is difficult to predict how CHCs decide each case.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WHAT'S UR TIMELINE? PLZZZ SHARE......

UK_applicant said:
Hi All

New to the forum and have tried to find the answer to the question below but failed!

Hence apologise upfront if it has been answered.

We are based in the Uk and have just received a letter from Canadian High Commission instructing us (myself and family) to have our medicals done.

I have not received any correspondance about interview or if any documents are missing. I did make every effort to deliver all the required documents first time round.

Can I assume at this stage the following:

1) Interview is not going happen
2) All documents are in order

I am basing the above on the assumption that is they wanted to interview me they would have done that prior to the medical and if any documents were missing they would have written to me earlier.

Secondly, (from what i have read) the visa expiry is 12 months from the medical date and if they wanted to do the interview that could take an additional 6 months to process the application.

I hope the experts on this forum will be able to correct my assumption if wrong or confirm the assumptions are correct.

Many thanks for all responses in advance.

Best Regards.

Curious

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi UK...

1. Interview is 'rare' but cannot be ruled out. There r few in this forum who got it after their meds.
2. Yes, all docs should be Ok. But again...

All the best!
Qorax.