+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical results received....interpretations, please?

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Hello,

Here are my stats:
US citizen, applied to Buffalo under skilled worker

AOR 20 Oct 2005
transferred to NYC 15 Nov 06
IA 22 Nov 06
Medical 07 Dec 07
Docs requested 21 Dec 06 (these were for my adult son, not immigrating)
Docs sent 07 Feb 07
Medical follow up and son's medical, 26 April 07

I just looked at the e-client page and wonder of wonders, there is something new there! It now says "Medical results received" at the bottom of the page.

So...I understand that they have received the medical exams in Ottawa...but does this note mean anything more than that? Has Ottawa made a medical determination and sent that to NYC (where the file is being processed?)

Is it too optimistic to see this as (possibly?) good news?
Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Peace,
Leslie Ann

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leslieann said:
Hello,

Here are my stats:
US citizen, applied to Buffalo under skilled worker

AOR 20 Oct 2005
transferred to NYC 15 Nov 06
IA 22 Nov 06
Medical 07 Dec 07
Docs requested 21 Dec 06 (these were for my adult son, not immigrating)
Docs sent 07 Feb 07
Medical follow up and son's medical, 26 April 07

I just looked at the e-client page and wonder of wonders, there is something new there! It now says "Medical results received" at the bottom of the page.

So...I understand that they have received the medical exams in Ottawa...but does this note mean anything more than that? Has Ottawa made a medical determination and sent that to NYC (where the file is being processed?)

Is it too optimistic to see this as (possibly?) good news?
Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Peace,
Leslie Ann
1. It takes about 1 month for the medical results to be reviewed and forwarded.
2. You have to request a copy of your CAIPS file to determine the medical results.

PMM

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Hi Lelie,

Why have you written Medical 07 Dec 07? Guess it should be Dec06..Right?

I have applied to Buffalo last year and was trying to calculate the approx time for me through your processing time....

Thanks

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Hi,

Yes, apparently I made an error. My medical exam was December 7th, 2006.

The good news is that I got a the passport request letter last week. It was dated June 22, 2007. So they are right on track according to the processing times. Fifty percent of skilled worker applications to Buffalo are completed in 21 months....I will hit the 21 month mark on Friday. I hope that is helpful to you.

Leslie

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Thank you. I am hoping things will go smoothly. I am in Canada for the summer, anyway, but will go back to Maine at the end of the month to gather my mail (including my passport, I hope!!) and then...Landing!

What a process. Yet I know that the timeline from US is not bad compared to many around the world.

This discussion forum has been a big help to me.

Leslie Ann

amkkk

Aug 5, 2007
Hi Leslie,

Same case as yours, and after reading your case, my panic is over.

Application for PR Federal Class Canada
File application station: Canadian High Commission, Nairobi, kenya
CIC started processing my file on August 2004
Medical results received by CIC: June 25 2007 & Decision made.

Am yet to get a letter from the embassy regarding the decision, but i bet should be anytime now. Nevertheless, August 2007, my application will hit the 3 year mark, but I guess its normal.

Any interpretations?

Best o' luck Leslie

rgds

Amkk

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Hi,

Hope you have received good news.

I landed on August 2 at Woodstock, NB. The process was only complicated by my having to import my car. I had to leave the title at the US Customs office 72 hours before driving across so that they could check to make sure it was not stolen nor had any liens. Then it took an hour for the guys on the US side to get the title back to me so that I could continue across the border to meet with the CIC officer.

The process was pretty smooth and easy. I was very careful in completing my Goods to Accompany and Goods to Follow documents which makes Customs happy, and I had all of my documents, which made Immigration happy. I am being asked to report for medical surveillance, which was unexpected, but does make some sense. Anyway, I got my COPR signed, got the customs forms stamped, paid money for the importation of the car, and was on my way.

Next day I got my NB driver's license, applied for a Social Insurance Number, and applied for Medicare. Have been checking out the auto insurance options (expensive!), getting documentation from the US company that insured me, having the work done on the car to make it importable and going on vacation. That was the best part.

Anyway, I wish you an equally easy landing.

Best,
Leslie Ann