+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Requested Questions

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got a medical request, even though I already sent in one medical upfront with my application. The medical was from December 2016.

I guess I'm wondering if I should contact them and see if I really need another one or not? Could this be a mistake or is this just how they do things?

Our application got sponsor approval back on 3-31-17. So does getting a medical at this stage mean they are almost done or something else?

Also, it's within 30 days I'm supposed to get this done again. How do I know if it will make it in time or not after the doctor sends it in?

Thanks, everyone. I would greatly appreciate any help.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Id say if theyre requesting it you need to do it. Booking should be simple to do it and quick... dont question it just do it

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Id say if theyre requesting it you need to do it. Booking should be simple to do it and quick... dont question it just do it
Thanks, starnaenae. You're probably right. I've booked for next week, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't another glitch, because I've had a few of those on the site. Maybe I'll try and get through to the call center tomorrow before this weekend.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I got a medical request, even though I already sent in one medical upfront with my application. The medical was from December 2016.

I guess I'm wondering if I should contact them and see if I really need another one or not? Could this be a mistake or is this just how they do things?

Our application got sponsor approval back on 3-31-17. So does getting a medical at this stage mean they are almost done or something else?

Also, it's within 30 days I'm supposed to get this done again. How do I know if it will make it in time or not after the doctor sends it in?

Hi

They may have missed the initial medical or they may have determined that the app is not going to be processed by December and so they have requested the new medical now.

I would respond to the request with proof of the medical you already did, as it is still valid for a few more months, and ask if your app will be processed before then. There is no sense in wasting money on another medical if it won't actually be needed.

Reactions: StevieFray

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

They may have missed the initial medical or they may have determined that the app is not going to be processed by December and so they have requested the new medical now.

I would respond to the request with proof of the medical you already did, as it is still valid for a few more months, and ask if your app will be processed before then. There is no sense in wasting money on another medical if it won't actually be needed.
Hi Canuck, and thanks for the advice. One more quick question if I may, how do I respond to IRCC? Do I use the webform, call center, or something else? Thanks again, I appreciate all the help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck, and thanks for the advice. One more quick question if I may, how do I respond to IRCC? Do I use the webform, call center, or something else? Thanks again, I appreciate all the help.
Webform is generally the best way unless you have the email address for the VO.

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hi all,

When you have looked at your application online, do you know if your medical exam has already been approved? I have done my medical last year in November and my online account it states that my medical has already been approved. I am wondering if they will have me to do it all over again even after they have approved my medical...

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you have looked at your application online, do you know if your medical exam has already been approved? I have done my medical last year in November and my online account it states that my medical has already been approved. I am wondering if they will have me to do it all over again even after they have approved my medical...
Spyro, online it says, "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."

But for a few months I had that recent glitch in the system where it says there is a medical requested but there was no message about it. However, with this recent change, there actually is a message about it. Yet it still says they are reviewing it and that they're processing my background check, so it's kind of confusing. It also says "The additional docs you provided have been uploaded" even though I didn't provide any. The glitch caused that and it hasn't changed since, so maybe there is an issue with mine in the system.

Our medicals are very similar as far as time period goes, so let's hope they don't make either of us redo it.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am submitting my question to CIC now that the holiday is over and the form's asking for a few things I'm not sure about.

My case is outland, so I assume when they ask, "Is your app being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada, that would be a yes?
Also, they have a drop-down box for the visa office that's processing my app, but I'm not sure whether to choose New York or Los Angeles.

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am submitting my question to CIC now that the holiday is over and the form's asking for a few things I'm not sure about.

My case is outland, so I assume when they ask, "Is your app being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada, that would be a yes?
Also, they have a drop-down box for the visa office that's processing my app, but I'm not sure whether to choose New York or Los Angeles.

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
Your app won't be with either of those offices, as they process only those apps with issues requiring interviews. Your app would be in the Ottawa office.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your app won't be with either of those offices, as they process only those apps with issues requiring interviews. Your app would be in the Ottawa office.
Oh, okay. Thank you, Canuck! It won't let me pick Ottawa from the drop down, though, it only has "Canada - Processing Center in Canada" so I guess I will have to go with that. I appreciate the help.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey again guys, it's been about a week since I sent IRCC a message and I haven't heard anything back yet. Should I just go ahead and schedule another medical?

I want to be sure I have enough time to do it within 30 days.