+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical request

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have legal guardianship and I have applied for nephew for study permit he is minor . I didn’t used tuition fees receipts and GIC . Because school told if I have legal guardianship my nephew can study in Canada without tuition fees. But they told me I still need to get authority from IRCC . So I applied for my nephew minor study permit . Last week I got medical request .is it means approval or any positive sign ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have legal guardianship and I have applied for nephew for study permit he is minor . I didn’t used tuition fees receipts and GIC . Because school told if I have legal guardianship my nephew can study in Canada without tuition fees. But they told me I still need to get authority from IRCC . So I applied for my nephew minor study permit . Last week I got medical request .is it means approval or any positive sign ?
It is a normal positive sign, doesn't mean approval. A few more things to be processed yet. You say no tuition fees, how old is the nephew and what province are you in?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi anyone knows ?
From what I see there is tuition fees for international students in the public school system in AB, see here:

https://www.alberta.ca/costs-and-how-to-apply.aspx

There are requirements of documentation that should be included with a study permit application. A Letter of Acceptance from the school he would attend. Proof of funds for tuition and living expense from you as being his sponsor. A notarized declaration of guardianship from his parents.

And in the future you have to have patience waiting for a response from members on the forum, we are all volunteering to be here to give our advice and opinions. Don't expect to have a response in a couple of hours.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Sure . Yeah I have checked this forum and thanks for replying. Let see I received the medical request but not sure what’s next

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi ,
I have a question I have checked this link it is written custodianship .I have contacted again CBE school today and they said again if I have a legal guardianship I don’t need to pay tuition fees and child will not comes under international student . And if I have custodianship I have to pay tuition fees and comes under international students.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,
I have a question I have checked this link it is written custodianship .I have contacted again CBE school today and they said again if I have a legal guardianship I don’t need to pay tuition fees and child will not comes under international student . And if I have custodianship I have to pay tuition fees and comes under international students.
Per IRCC / immigration rules, you are supposed to pay international student fees. It's possible the school may make a mistake or misunderstand the rules and allow the child to study without paying international student fees.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
One more thing I want to know that I have used my bank account statement also to support her is it work or not. Do you have any idea .