+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Request

dijo555

Feb 13, 2020
Hi My parents came to canada on visitor visa almost 9 months ago and we submitted for renewing the visitor visa and yesterday we got message from cic that my father need to submit medical report in order to extend visa. The problem is we already book ticket back to india on 18 february. so my concern is do we need to do medical before we go, or just go to india without doing medical. I just wonder if we do medical in India once we back, does it account for renewing?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi My parents came to canada on visitor visa almost 9 months ago and we submitted for renewing the visitor visa and yesterday we got message from cic that my father need to submit medical report in order to extend visa. The problem is we already book ticket back to india on 18 february. so my concern is do we need to do medical before we go, or just go to india without doing medical. I just wonder if we do medical in India once we back, does it account for renewing?
You must submit the medical. Would be better to do it in Canada but given the short timeline you could try and explain that they ran out of time and try to get it done as soon as they get back to India. You can also explain that they had already booked tickets home and of course have obviously returned home.

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
You must submit the medical. Would be better to do it in Canada but given the short timeline you could try and explain that they ran out of time and try to get it done as soon as they get back to India. You can also explain that they had already booked tickets home and of course have obviously returned home.
In my opinion you don't need medical now. Just tell them they are flying back on 18th and do not have time for medical now. They could stay here legally till a decision was made on their extension so its all good.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my opinion you don't need medical now. Just tell them they are flying back on 18th and do not have time for medical now. They could stay here legally till a decision was made on their extension so its all good.
This isn’t the case. The parents have already remained in Canada as visitors past their 6 month visa period. Not doing the medical could result in future extensions being denied.