+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Request

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Dear All,

I would like to have some thoughts of anyone who experience or have a same feeling as I am having.

I applied super visa for my parents and after a month's time they received a medical request. My parents visited IOM Karachi did medical and left. Next day my father received a call that your wife has to redo xray so please come back tomorrow with 8 hours fasting (I was confused as to why fasting is required for xray). When my parents arrived at the centre, they started showing video of how to take out sputum from the chest. My mother tried but couldn't do it. They suggested to come back after 4 days and we need to draw three samples so we will take one everyday.

When person learns about health condition, he/she gets worried so from the medical centre my parents went directly to our family doctor. He got the xray done of my mother right away and Thank God it looked perfectly alright.

Anyhow, when my parents reached home, my father again received a call from IOM karachi that you also come back with your wife to give sputum sample, my father said that there must be some mix up as this was supposed to be given by my wife, and I am cleared. Person responded you also have to give the sample.

I am totally confused, as what is this happening? is this normal or are they just trying to make money?

I would appreciate if anyone shares their experience....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

I would like to have some thoughts of anyone who experience or have a same feeling as I am having.

I applied super visa for my parents and after a month's time they received a medical request. My parents visited IOM Karachi did medical and left. Next day my father received a call that your wife has to redo xray so please come back tomorrow with 8 hours fasting (I was confused as to why fasting is required for xray). When my parents arrived at the centre, they started showing video of how to take out sputum from the chest. My mother tried but couldn't do it. They suggested to come back after 4 days and we need to draw three samples so we will take one everyday.

When person learns about health condition, he/she gets worried so from the medical centre my parents went directly to our family doctor. He got the xray done of my mother right away and Thank God it looked perfectly alright.

Anyhow, when my parents reached home, my father again received a call from IOM karachi that you also come back with your wife to give sputum sample, my father said that there must be some mix up as this was supposed to be given by my wife, and I am cleared. Person responded you also have to give the sample.

I am totally confused, as what is this happening? is this normal or are they just trying to make money?

I would appreciate if anyone shares their experience....
Could be a money grab. It's been known to happen in countries with less medical oversight.

You can contact the relevant Regional Medical Office with your documentation and ask them to look into it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html#app1.3

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Could be a money grab. It's been known to happen in countries with less medical oversight.

You can contact the relevant Regional Medical Office with your documentation and ask them to look into it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html#app1.3
Thank you for your response.

I don't know what will be the outcome if I mess with these people.

I just want doctors to at least communicate the applicant that this is the issue and we need further tests to rule out that its not what we are suspecting.

I hope everything goes smooth.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response.

I don't know what will be the outcome if I mess with these people.

I just want doctors to at least communicate the applicant that this is the issue and we need further tests to rule out that its not what we are suspecting.

I hope everything goes smooth.
You wouldn't be messing with anyone. RMOs are in control of the medical process and they are very quick to act in situations where Panel Physicians may be behaving inappropriately. Panel Physicians do NOT want to lose their designation, as it means a huge revenue loss.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
You wouldn't be messing with anyone. RMOs are in control of the medical process and they are very quick to act in situations where Panel Physicians may be behaving inappropriately. Panel Physicians do NOT want to lose their designation, as it means a huge revenue loss.
True that.

I will wait for sometime. In case they try to act smart, I will screw them.

Thanks for sharing the link.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It may be a money grab but also could be quite normal..if there is any irregularity on the kings in the x-ray people have to do sputum test and repeat x-rays. If your parents had TB or even just an infection or virus they may have an irregularity in the lung. Because there is a high rate of TB in their area they want to rule out TB. Canada has a very little TB except in a few populations (homeless, refugees and aboriginal people living in a reserve) and wants to keep it that way. They really want a sputum culture so that is one of the reasons you were asked to return. It takes 3 months to grow bacteria and fungi in sputum. They will also do another chest x-ray after 3 months to compare whether they match or whether any marks disappear. These are the ways they rule out TB.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
It may be a money grab but also could be quite normal..if there is any irregularity on the kings in the x-ray people have to do sputum test and repeat x-rays. If your parents had TB or even just an infection or virus they may have an irregularity in the lung. Because there is a high rate of TB in their area they want to rule out TB. Canada has a very little TB except in a few populations (homeless, refugees and aboriginal people living in a reserve) and wants to keep it that way. They really want a sputum culture so that is one of the reasons you were asked to return. It takes 3 months to grow bacteria and fungi in sputum. They will also do another chest x-ray after 3 months to compare whether they match or whether any marks disappear. These are the ways they rule out TB.
I see. Thanks for the information.

I don't know if you are related to medicine studies or if you can answer from an experience. I have a query, you said "They will also do another chest x-ray after 3 months to compare whether they match or whether any marks disappear". So if mark disappear or remains same implies a good sign, right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. Thanks for the information.

I don't know if you are related to medicine studies or if you can answer from an experience. I have a query, you said "They will also do another chest x-ray after 3 months to compare whether they match or whether any marks disappear". So if mark disappear or remains same implies a good sign, right?
Yes it is a good sign. They want to see that there is no active infection or that the infection clears.