+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Request help UK London

shoreline86

Jan 30, 2020
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello,
I have been requested to do a Medical by CIC for Common law sponsorship,
On my request form i have EDE please can anyone explain what this means?

I am confused on what Medical i take, I am reading that its only Xray/eyes/hearing etc... But then i am reading other things like taking a full blood test for HIV and all other diseases, Anyone had a medical in the UK and can help?

I understand that i should find a clinic that has the emedical electronic system therefore i will not need to bring 4 x Photos and the clinic will handle this?

Thank you :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I have been requested to do a Medical by CIC for Common law sponsorship,
On my request form i have EDE please can anyone explain what this means?

I am confused on what Medical i take, I am reading that its only Xray/eyes/hearing etc... But then i am reading other things like taking a full blood test for HIV and all other diseases, Anyone had a medical in the UK and can help?

I understand that i should find a clinic that has the emedical electronic system therefore i will not need to bring 4 x Photos and the clinic will handle this?

Thank you :)
EDE = Excessive Demand Exempt. It means you can't be refused even if you have an expensive medical condition.

There is only one medical and yes, it includes a blood test for HIV, syphilis and possibly other conditions depending on your medical history.

All Panel Physicians in the UK likely use the eMedical system and you will probably not need to bring photos. Check with the office when you call.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html

Reactions: shoreline86

shoreline86

Jan 30, 2020
Brighton, United Kingdom
EDE = Excessive Demand Exempt. It means you can't be refused even if you have an expensive medical condition.

There is only one medical and yes, it includes a blood test for HIV, syphilis and possibly other conditions depending on your medical history.

All Panel Physicians in the UK likely use the eMedical system and you will probably not need to bring photos. Check with the office when you call.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html

Thanks Canuck

Medical was done Monday, Had my results by next day, all good and it was sent to the emedical system.
Curious to know what happens next and how long it takes for the CIC to process this.