+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical request for Kids

Mb80

Sep 3, 2019
Hi i had applied for a spousal sponsorship for my husband, he received his medical request and immigration has asked for medical exam for his children from his first marriage as well though the children are in their mother's custody. Their mother is not willing to cooperate in doing the medical for the children. my question is, how should we explain this to the immigration as it's clearly mentioned in their divorce deed that the children are in their mother's custody. Will this result in refusal of visa for my husband.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
No will not result in refusal. You need to show proof that you have tried to get their medical done (e.g. screenshots of conversations of her refusing to cooperate). We had the same issue and it was just a matter of sending in proof that she refused and a stat dec stating that your husband acknowledge that he won’t be able to sponsor them in future since they will be removed from the application

Mb80

Sep 3, 2019
what is the next step after an applicant has done the medical for Canadian spousal visa.