+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL REQUEST DESPITE UPFRONT MEDICAL - SDS

girlonsneaks

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I applied in June got my medical done on December 2019. Then updated in December 20 in GC. Like more than a year. After getting updated as passed a week later I got medical request again. Probably because it got updated after my expiry date. So went ahead and re did medical on 9 January 21. Now waiting for further steps.
hi hows your medical? Did it change already?

knavpreet

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I applied on 9 August and my medical expired on 23 October but got no updates and neither redo medical request in gckey. So it's positive I guess don't worry
my medical was passed on 31 December 2020 and the expiry date was 14 January 2021.
Now the passed status has been changed to normal.
should I wait more for their re medical request or should I myself go for remedical?

girlonsneaks

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
my medical was passed on 31 December 2020 and the expiry date was 14 January 2021.
should I wait more for their re medical request or should I myself go for remedical?
We are the same passed medical dec4 but on dec19 it changed to requested medical.

as for you i think you should wait for the medical request message.

Reactions: knavpreet

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
but on the ircc website they say medicals is valid for 12 month and not six month so why are you people saying 6 month

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
We are the same passed medical dec4 but on dec19 it changed to requested medical.

as for you i think you should wait for the medical request message.
bro meaning i should be expecting the same thing because i also saw medical passed just yesterday and isn't medical valid for 12 month because it is on the ircc website that medicals are valid for twelve month.

girlonsneaks

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Finally my medical is passed. Had medical last jan. 14. Now waiting for ppr. Since i have my correspondence letter already

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Finally my medical is passed. Had medical last jan. 14. Now waiting for ppr. Since i have my correspondence letter already
what correspondence letter. bro because i also did upfront medicals and it has not expire yet it will expire june so i added it to the application and submitted and just a week i saw an update that i have passed medicals in my account/portal. is been two days now so do i need to get a correspondence letter or something

Last edited:

knavpreet

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
i called ircc...according to them the validity for medicals has been increased for the next6 months now

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
i called ircc...according to them the validity for medicals has been increased for the next6 months now
They even said the same thing in one of the IRCC webinars. That without informing an applicants we might be giving our extensions. But in my case, my medical was given upfront in Dec 2019. It got passed after a year and a few days later on 29 December 2020. My expiratory date was 14 Dec. And when I was expecting a final decision I got a message in my GC KEY Requested another medical. So in conclusion no extension for me.