+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical report

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello seniors,

I recently received the result of my medical for SOWP from IOM.
I had a Fibroadenoma benign in my right breast (from the past couple of months) and in the report, it says the following:

Lung fields: Abnormal
There is a subcentimeter calcified nodular opacity in the right lower lobe.
Evidence of Tuberculosis (TB): Present

Other than that, everything is ok in the report. I am worried about this report and that it may cause some issues with my medical. Is it a red flag? Does anyone got a similar report and had their medical approved?

Please let me know as I have started to feel anxious now.

Thanks all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello seniors,

I had a Fibroadenoma benign in my right breast (from the past couple of months) and in the report, it says the following:

Other than that, everything is ok in the report. I am worried about this report and that it may cause some issues with my medical. Is it a red flag? Does anyone got a similar report and had their medical approved?

Thanks all.
Looks like you have active TB so will need to be treated for TB, and then after several months of treatment, retake the medical.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello seniors,

Thanks all.
You would probably get medical furtherance. You had to undergo treatment as the report indicate active TB.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yeah that’s confusing
Who can i reach out to for further clarification?
Wait for IRCC correspondence. They will only listen to their own medical panel, once they assess your medical report then you will know. Did you got furtherance letter? Why did you did sputum?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Wait for IRCC correspondence. They will only listen to their own medical panel, once they assess your medical report then you will know. Did you got furtherance letter? Why did you did sputum?
I haven’t received any correspondence from IRCC yet. I got my medical result today from IOM which got me worried. What is sputum?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I haven’t received any correspondence from IRCC yet. I got my medical result today from IOM which got me worried. What is sputum?
Its a type of test for TB, you have to do sputum for 3 days and then xray after 3 months. What is IOM?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I want to close the thread by thanking all that helped.
Remarks, If you got a similar medical report that shows evidence of TB present but no strong evidence of active TB, don't freak out, you will clear the medical, hopefully.

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Remarks, If you got a similar medical report that shows evidence of TB present but no strong evidence of active TB, don't freak out, you will clear the medical, hopefully.
Hoping this post means you cleared Medical. All the best

Ziaul Islam

Jul 23, 2023
Category........
PNP
Hi There,

Could you please enlight me about your further stages (AOR to Medical passed)
I may face the same situations as in my medical report shown below :

NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

Minor findings (sometimes associated with TB infection)
Solitary Granuloma (<1cm and of any lobe) with an unremarkable hilum (3.1) Yes

Provide Grading
Grading: B Grading
NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

UNQUOTE

Though my PP didn't ask for any other test.

AOR : 4th August 2023
PNP-EE_OUTLEND