+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Report/PR App - "requested Visa Office"?

David132

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
File Transfer...
05-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-04-11
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-11
LANDED..........
01-05-11
Hey all! This site has been fantastic in helping us through our PR journey, and we're | | this close to being ready to file.

I just had my medical done, and the doctor asked me what my visa office was. I had no idea, because I haven't filed yet. I had assumed Mississauga (since that's where we'll be sending the application when it's done, correct?), but since I'm filing Outland he said it had to be a location in the States. So we decided to go ahead and put "Buffalo, NY" on my Medical Report Section A and Appendix C.

I'm currently staying with my wife in Canada on a visitor visa, and wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly. There's also the "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" field on the PR app itself; I had initially put down Mississauga. Should I go ahead and change that to Buffalo as well? Last thing I want is for my medical info to get lost somewhere!

Thanks a ton!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

David132 said:
Hey all! This site has been fantastic in helping us through our PR journey, and we're | | this close to being ready to file.

I just had my medical done, and the doctor asked me what my visa office was. I had no idea, because I haven't filed yet. I had assumed Mississauga (since that's where we'll be sending the application when it's done, correct?), but since I'm filing Outland he said it had to be a location in the States. So we decided to go ahead and put "Buffalo, NY" on my Medical Report Section A and Appendix C.

I'm currently staying with my wife in Canada on a visitor visa, and wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly. There's also the "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" field on the PR app itself; I had initially put down Mississauga. Should I go ahead and change that to Buffalo as well? Last thing I want is for my medical info to get lost somewhere!

Thanks a ton!!
Unless you want your application returned, you better select Buffalo. Mississauga is not a visa office. If you missed that, I suggest that you go over the instructions and re-read the visa office checklist to ensure you haven't missed something else.

David132

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
File Transfer...
05-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-04-11
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-11
LANDED..........
01-05-11
Good to know. I had been wondering about that question, and looked online at the CIC's official immigration guide for filling out the forms (cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E4.asp) and that question was completely ignored. Could you point me to said instructions that list the Visa offices so I can make sure I didn't miss anything else?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

David132 said:
Good to know. I had been wondering about that question, and looked online at the CIC's official immigration guide for filling out the forms (cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E4.asp) and that question was completely ignored. Could you point me to said instructions that list the Visa offices so I can make sure I didn't miss anything else?
Here is the visa office specific checklists http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp Here is the information where you send your application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

David132

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
File Transfer...
05-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-04-11
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-11
LANDED..........
01-05-11
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, that's what I've already got in my hands. There's nothing about specific visa offices in it, only "interview locations."

CHOICE OF INTERVIEW LOCATION
If you are required to attend a personal interview at a visa office in the USA, indicate your first choice for interview
location is (check one):
No Preference
Seattle, Washington
Detroit, Michigan
Los Angeles, California
New York, New York
Is this what I'm looking for? Buffalo isn't on it. (I had marked down "Detroit" on this form.)

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David132 said:
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, that's what I've already got in my hands. There's nothing about specific visa offices in it, only "interview locations."

Is this what I'm looking for? Buffalo isn't on it. (I had marked down "Detroit" on this form.)
That's because Buffalo isn't an interview location. Buffalo is the only visa office in the US that processes permanent resident (PR) applications. The other offices process temporary visas (e.g. tourist, skilled worker etc.). So you will need to put down Buffalo as your visa office (no choice on that -- your doctor was wrong to ask what visa office you wanted. As a PR applicant, your only choice is Buffalo. He probably doesn't realize that. ) and then it's up to you what interview location you want.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ariell said:
That's because Buffalo isn't an interview location. Buffalo is the only visa office in the US that processes permanent resident (PR) applications. The other offices process temporary visas (e.g. tourist, skilled worker etc.). So you will need to put down Buffalo as your visa office (no choice on that -- your doctor was wrong to ask what visa office you wanted. As a PR applicant, your only choice is Buffalo. He probably doesn't realize that. ) and then it's up to you what interview location you want.
No the Dr. is not wrong. Some persons apply overseas have their medicals in Canada. Not everyone is eligible to be processed in Buffalo.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No the Dr. is not wrong. Some persons apply overseas have their medicals in Canada. Not everyone is eligible to be processed in Buffalo.
Well the poster is a US citizen and according to the CIC website (which you provided a link to), the only US visa office processing PR applicants is Buffalo. So that to me means that the doctor is wrong in asking which visa office he wants to process his application when his only choice is Buffalo.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.